Vape Superstore
What's new

Review Six months with an M16 clone

simonsays

Achiever
Well, my sentinel M16 clone from fasttech has been with me for about 6 months and I thought I'd share some thoughts.

It's had quite a hard life and has seen a lot of use on a daily basis with multiple atty changes each day

It's worked faultlessly. I mean totally faultlessly. Not a single misfire.

Every 510 atty that I've shown it has fitted perfectly. Totally flush mounted.

The top cap, 510 and floating centre pin are in good order and the threading on the main body parts is silky smooth (it was never bad but it's certainly got smoother with age)

The button press is still as firm and positive as day one and it's easy to adjust the throw.

Maintenance? Once a week I strip it down and give it a clean in hot soapy water followed by a quick rub with some brasso. I eventually got round to doing a proper polishing job with wet and dry a few weeks ago and it now looks better than the day it arrived.

Possibly the best 11quid I ever spent.

Elux
uploadfromtaptalk1395435162863.jpg

Great reveiw bud, nice to here that someone has actually kept a mod that long lol.

good solid workhorse which is even more satisfiring at that price. :)

AcmeFog
I really like the grand vapour designs. Really need to get one of these, the private v2 clone I have has been similarly hard working with very little volt drop.

Your polishing job makes it look even better.

Just a quick update. My M16 clone has now seen 9 months of hard daily use. It's probably helped me get through the best part of a litre of eliquid over that time.

Still works perfectly, no misfires/voltage drop/knackered threads.

It just keeps chugging along.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Royal Flush Vape
This is a very encouraging read: I've had one of these in and out of my FT basket more times in the last six months than I care to count. Somehow it never made the cut until recently, and now, at last, I have one on the way :)

Another update......

I've been browsing through my fastech orders and it looks like I was mistaken over the delivery date of my M16. It would appear that it celebrates its birthday today.

One year of daily use. Battered and scratched but still working perfectly.

The 510 threading is just starting to get a little tired, everything still screws down perfectly but the first half twist is a little loose. I'll forgive it that weakness as it's had a hard life.
Without a battery in it rattles a bit now although when it's tightened down on an 18xxx cell it soon firms up. I keep the contacts clean but have left the outer surfaces age naturally since I sanded/polished them a few months ago. Looks great!

The switch is as positive as it was on the day it was delivered. Not a single misfire. Ever.

It's happily fired builds down to 0.4 ohms without issue.

I'm lucky enough to have a fair few mech mods. Some clones and some originals. None have been as reliable and hassle free as this 11 quid brass mod from the far east.

I'm retiring it today, it's going to sit on my vaping shelf as I'd rather not run it into the ground till it fails.

I've just ordered a new one.

Let the postie-stalking begin:D

Vape Green
One year old.

It's been a hard life.

Attachments

• 1407945481317.jpg
    1407945481317.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 66
Vape Superstore
Back
Top Bottom