What's new

Boiled Egg Patina Results

bakedclouds

Postman
Decided to try the boiled egg forced patina method on my copper clone v1 from stealthvape. It's a really simple method where you boil some eggs put em in a sealed bag, smash em up and stick your mod in. Oh yeah don't forget to put Vaseline on your threads. Leave it over night and in the morning it should be done. Rinse off all the egg and clear coat. The egg method is a more subtle patina than the ammonia. Here's the pics.

Mod in the bag of eggs

Patina starting to appear

After a about 5 hours

After clear coat

Finished

These pictures don't do it justice. Try it if you've got an old copper mod knocking about

Decided to try the boiled egg forced patina method on my copper clone v1 from @stealthvape. It's a really simple method where you boil some eggs put em in a sealed bag, smash em up and stick your mod in. Oh yeah don't forget to put Vaseline on your threads. Leave it over night and in the morning it should be done. Rinse off all the egg and clear coat. The egg method is a more subtle patina than the ammonia. Here's the pics.

Mod in the bag of eggs

Patina starting to appear

After a about 5 hours

After clear coat

Finished

These pictures don't do it justice. Try it if you've got an old copper mod knocking about

Soaking a mod in boiled egg, I've seen it all now :) It looks awesome, sort of a bit like walnut

Yea I know I did think to myself "what am I doing?" And the misses gave me a look like I've lost it. Really happy with the results and I was worried the storm trooper would come off but it hasn't :)

In not keen on copper or brass mods! BUT I do really like the way Urs has turn'd out, I may have 2 get a brass mod 1 day & use this boiled egg method.
I do take it it will also work with brass?

Last edited:
In not keen on copper or brass mods! BUT I do really like the way Urs has turn'd out, I may have 2 get a brass mod 1 day & use this boiled egg method.
I do take it it will also work with brass?

Works on copper or brass, egged up my brass stingray with the same method as bakedclouds over the weekend, yet to clearcoat it but puts an end to polishing the darn things every few days ;)

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1402947611.453388.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Planet of the Vapes

Back
Top Bottom