What's new

fasttech kraken seals.....

m0th

Postman
hi,

just wondering if anyone has replaced the seals in their kraken clones? i ordered 3 extra glass tubes with mine because i saw a review and the dude had chipped his glass trying to get it off. however, only one of the 4 pieces of glass actually makes a seal and it still leaks a bit and slides off if you look at it funny. the metal sleeve also comes off a little bit too easily for my liking and would benefit from an o-ring in the groove right at the bottom under the glass. does anyone know the sizes of the o-rings or any good places to look?

Would that be Grimmgreen's review ?
If it was,he was reviewing an original,although after a bit of use the glass tank does have a nasty habit of sliding off with the sleeve on the original as well.Washing the o rings with a bit of soapy water and thoroughly drying them will cure it for a time,but with a bit of practice it won't slide off with the sleeve....well not too often.
As for getting some spare o rings I used some off another 22mm atty,I think they're a pretty standard size(could be wrong though)so maybe speak to a few vendors to see whats available,failing that you get always get yourself a cheap spares pack for a 22mm atty...

Just measure the o'rings and get a bag of them from eBay later if you need them. IIRC outside diameter 16 mm and 1.5 mm thick.

If you have one that's too loose either buy a slightly thicker size or put some PTFE plumbers tape under the o'ring.

To avoid the issue (non-issue IMO) of pulling the tank off with the top-cap when filling, just remove the very top part of the top-cap: simples.

hi,

just wondering if anyone has replaced the seals in their kraken clones? i ordered 3 extra glass tubes with mine because i saw a review and the dude had chipped his glass trying to get it off. however, only one of the 4 pieces of glass actually makes a seal and it still leaks a bit and slides off if you look at it funny. the metal sleeve also comes off a little bit too easily for my liking and would benefit from an o-ring in the groove right at the bottom under the glass. does anyone know the sizes of the o-rings or any good places to look?

Got my clone (hcigar) from vapegeek
Opposite problem tank very stiff
Got spare tank glass from bedazzled in the USA took 2 weeks and reasonable price tanks came with own sized orings got some spares at same time
Mate had ft kraken like you and tank is very loose fit

Sent from (who cares) using Planet of the Vapes

To avoid the issue (non-issue IMO) of pulling the tank off with the top-cap when filling, just remove the very top part of the top-cap: simples.

Yes mate,complete non-issue,I love getting covered with juice when i fill up and as for removing the afc to fill up-have you actually tried it ? @sparkyjuice got my clone from vapegeek too,tank doesn't leak,but still slides off very easily,as does my original.Only problem really with this 'kraken' piece of kit...

I'll get my coat...

I bought nitrile ones in the UK @ 12mmx1.5mmc/s and they work perfectly. Can't remember for the life of me where from though

Yes mate,complete non-issue,I love getting covered with juice when i fill up and as for removing the afc to fill up-have you actually tried it ? @sparkyjuice got my clone from vapegeek too,tank doesn't leak,but still slides off very easily,as does my original.Only problem really with this 'kraken' piece of kit...

I'll get my coat...

Been my ADV for about 6 months, only done that once then put PTFE under the tank seals. Just removing the very top part of the top-cap to fill makes it impossible to disturb the tank as well.

Last edited:
Or if easier.

B&Q do a multi 'O' ring pack with about 12 rings in for about £1.29

Various sizes and I've used them with great success on a few bits.

Look in the plumbing section

:)

Back
Top Bottom