Vape Superstore
What's new

i know these are meant to be fiddly until you get the hang of them but f*ck me...

m0th a simple soloution to a hot spotting top coil is to twist the wick in the direction your coil is wrapped,not too much,just a fraction,maybe a tad more and pulse gently til the coil gets evenly lit-this may take some time and will zap your battery,so have a spare on standby.
As for the metallic taste it can take a while for the mesh to bed in and the taste to sort itself out.
You could also try torching the mesh,soaking with juice,torching again,soaking and then rolloing it up before putting in t'kraken-@remnant's way works quite well.
If you want to use mesh the best way is to combine it with ss rope-it wicks really,really well,and despite popular opinion you don't need to invert it to get it too wick-although it is a complete and utter bastard to get working well,but once you've cracked it and its chugging along... :woot:

Vape Superstore
For an all mesh wick, try adding a wisp of cotton wool under the coil, or a washer on the positive post if the coils hot spot is the section from top of wick to post. Make sure you've torched the wick before rolling and again after, that there are no fibres of wire sticking out the outer edge of the rolled tube of wick. Mesh works well, just can require the intervention of your god to get the 1st few builds to work. If it is giving dry hits, then I would possibly check you haven't rolled it to tight.

If I think of anything else, I'll be back.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Might be a daff question, but for the juice to come out up the wick, does air not need to get in the tank at the same time.
The only way I ever got mine to work well, was leave the fill screw out. But then you need to watch the tip.

AcmeFog
Might be a daff question, but for the juice to come out up the wick, does air not need to get in the tank at the same time.
The only way I ever got mine to work well, was leave the fill screw out. But then you need to watch the tip.

this one hasn't got a fill hole screw dude.

this one hasn't got a fill hole screw dude.
anthonyb yes there does need to be airflow,but the amount,as far as i gather is very dependent on the device.
If you're talking krakens-then no,there isn't a fill hole screw-the holes on the deck of the clone are mahooosive and very prone to leaking(or is it just mine ?)although you can put a screw in the fill hole as its threaded(Hcigar version ? some one correct me if i'm wrong),but on the genuine are much smaller,and at a guess this combined with the viscosity of juice stops it leaking even at full tilt

The Electronic Cigarette Company
m0th
set up my mates kraken the other day
ss rope ss mesh topper 1mm x 0.1mm kanthal ribbon
cut wire to length and flamed
cut section of mesh flamed and rolled
removed complete wick and wound coil over topper
held coil ends an inserted wick
clamped lower end
clamped upper end
trimmed pulsed coil and "brushed" coil lightly with jewellers driver to remove hotspots
you need a DECENT pair of sidecutters to cut the rope (2.5mm 7/7 ss rope)
without trying to sound like a chunt this took maybe 25 minutes start to finish
I find these easier than a lot of drippers.....

Last edited:
@moth
set up my mates kraken the other day
ss rope ss mesh topper 1mm x 0.1mm kanthal ribbon
cut wire to length and flamed
cut section of mesh flamed and rolled
removed complete wick and wound coil over topper
held coil ends an inserted wick
clamped lower end
clamped upper end
trimmed pulsed coil and "brushed" coil lightly with jewellers driver to remove hotspots
you need a DECENT pair of sidecutters to cut the rope (2.5mm 7/7 ss rope)
without trying to sound like a chunt this took maybe 25 minutes start to finish
I find these easier than a lot of drippers.....

and will last an age, sparkyjuice recently converted me to similar builds like above there bloody amazing if you ask me :D love em.

Vape Green
i've got it going! i pre rolled a coil with .32 mm wire around a 2.5mm allen key, rolled the mesh around a 1.27mm allen key and poked it through the coil and down into the tank without torching it. took all of about a minute to get the coil glowing well. got everything all lined up so i tilt it the right way when i vape it and it's going well. looks like i'm going to have to get some ss rope to have a go with. though i'm not touching it for the time being as i've been fucking on with it for about 11 hours to finally get it going. i now understand why people bang on about flavour, it's immense. i just wish it was good for mouth to lungs, i don't get a satisfactory amount of vapour with the air holes part closed, vaping it how i used to smoke.

cheers for your help guys.

i've got it going! i pre rolled a coil with .32 mm wire around a 2.5mm allen key, rolled the mesh around a 1.27mm allen key and poked it through the coil and down into the tank without torching it. took all of about a minute to get the coil glowing well. got everything all lined up so i tilt it the right way when i vape it and it's going well. looks like i'm going to have to get some ss rope to have a go with. though i'm not touching it for the time being as i've been fucking on with it for about 11 hours to finally get it going. i now understand why people bang on about flavour, it's immense. i just wish it was good for mouth to lungs, i don't get a satisfactory amount of vapour with the air holes part closed, vaping it how i used to smoke.

cheers for your help guys.

Nice one, when you feel like giving rope a shot, got some the other week from VapeGear I was searching for awhile to find a vendor happy with my order. Dont blame you leaving it alone I would too :)

Premier Ecigs
ps after reading thread properly was in the same boat last week @m0th on Kraken Murder

Can for sure get mouth to lungs out of it tho takes a bit of cracking does the Kraken.

Back
Top Bottom