What's new

PlumeBlu postage prices

1st class unrecorded. 2nd class is only like 30p cheaper and the first and last time I used that it took 6 days to get there.

I think the 2nd class pricing is way off too Dino. If it takes 2-3 times longer to arrive then it really ought to be considerably cheaper. Personally I don't see a need for a two tiered postal system when it all uses the same people, machines, processes etc - surely they could streamline the whole system and make it cheaper across the board.

What I do not understand though is how the international mail system works. You can buy packages from lots of other countries for pennies that get delivered using our expensive mail service, surely somewhere the countries sending the mail in are paying into RM for their portion of it and if so how on earth is that worked out when internal mail is multiple times more expensive.

It does get daft, I have ordered a few things on EBay lately and found it cheaper to order from elsewhere in the EU not because the item is cheaper but because the postage is less. Figure that out.

Diche, it should really never be the case that shipping something into the UK works out cheaper when postage rates are factored in, just goes to show that our system is wrong.

I normally wait till I need £20 worth of stuff and get free del from most places,
so Im guessing you lose out on all these millions of jiffy bags / boxes no matter what, however I get vendors have to cover their own arsess more than ever nowadays , maybe a trust list vendor side that get normal 1st class lol

sent from tapatalk

I normally wait till I need £20 worth of stuff and get free del from most places,
so Im guessing you lose out on all these millions of jiffy bags / boxes no matter what, however I get vendors have to cover their own arsess more than ever nowadays , maybe a trust list vendor side that get normal 1st class lol

sent from tapatalk

The problem with offering a trust list is that ecommerce systems are inherently dumb, you put in weights for shipping and the price attached or sometimes you can build the API to work directly with the shipping matrix of the supplier. Generally though it is a case that you manually input a weight range and price for that and without manually administering who gets what rate it is difficult to do.

Most people don't mind paying a little for postage on £20 of stuff and it is understandable when people get miffed that they spent more on shipping than the cost of a single product - it is what it is though.

I think postage "loss" depends lots on where in the country you are. We've been lucky and the PostOffice lose so little of our mail it's cheaper to send everything as standard first class and only send recorded over about £25ish.

If I ever meet the eejit that decided on making things that do not fit through a 25mm slot stupidly expensive to post I may not be responsible for my actions :)

For postage and packing costs you also need to account for staffing, packing errors, envelopes/jiffy bags, invoice printing as well as 'lost in post'.

Im assuming you all have your own franking machines and buy postage in bulk from RM? Brings the costs down quite a bit ;)

Im assuming you all have your own franking machines and buy postage in bulk from RM? Brings the costs down quite a bit ;)

Nope, plus eliquid is banned outright on that service but is (grey area) allowed under a certain strength when done over the counter (not sure why)

It only looks to be 30p cheaper on average too and it looks like the RM franking section isn't even up to date with their current rates either.

Back
Top Bottom