Vape Club
What's new

Review Kangertech new style dual coils

SimonB2008

Achiever
Got some of the new coils from myepack for my Protank Mini 3. They look different from the old type, specifically there's a metal collar around the base that covers pretty much all of the rubber grommet.
Not sure why they have done this - either part of the engineering to make it vape better, or to make it harder to take them apart and rebuild.
Anyway, how do they vape? Pretty good in my opinion! I definitely think there is more vapour production than the old dual coil, and I've not had any gurgles or leaks. To be fair, I never had a gurgle or leak with the old ones.
One thing I have noticed though, and I'd be interested to hear if others have noticed the same thing, is that once the tank gets to two thirds empty, vapour production drops a bit. Top the tank up and it's going like a steam train again. The older style coil didn't do this - it vaped consistently down to empty. No biggie, but an observation worth sharing.

Also noticed that I don't seem to be getting a darkening of the juice as the tank empties like I did with the older coils. This is definitely a good thing as I think this will reduce that slightly burnt taste you can get with a well used coil. Will report back once the coil ages over the next few days.

Hope this review helps!

Sent from my iPad using Planet of the Vapes

Last edited:
Premier Ecigs
I think they're atrocious. I'd get around a week to 10 days from the old style and these new ones I'm lucky to get 3 days from. They vape well for a day or so and then they're on the way out. Nature vapes coils for me

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

I think they're atrocious. I'd get around a week to 10 days from the old style and these new ones I'm lucky to get 3 days from. They vape well for a day or so and then they're on the way out. Nature vapes coils for me

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Yeah I would agree they either seem to pack in pretty quick, or last for three weeks in my experience. Have you got the "new" new version that has a larger hole each side rather than two small holes on each side?

Sent from my iPad using Planet of the Vapes

Vape Green
No. I now have nature vape coils which are infinitellllly better. a crackin' little ape on here showed me the way after my post complaining about how garbage the new ones are

No. I now have nature vape coils which are infinitellllly better. a crackin' little ape on here showed me the way after my post complaining about how garbage the new ones are

I've got the old style dual coils and boy these things vape like hell, that's probs due to the fact I'm using 0.8ohm ones, I've not noticed anything wrong with them but I'm REALLY abusing them, I'm always vaping now as before I only vaped when I wanted to, now I just vape like a happy little trooper, lol

No gurgling sound, no leaks, no flooding, nothing bad from these at all, when my juice gets empty I can still take about 3 5 second hits before it starts to taste burnt.

I've really been BATTERING the coils though, I've been using this coil now for about 1 week and it's due for a new coil, my EVOD coils only used to last me about 2 days tops, Protank 2 ones (Not by Kanger) lasted me 1 day if that.

Smoore
I've used 1.5, 1.8 and 2.0 ohm versions and all have been OK. Had one 1.8 that was a little too long so had to leave the tank a bit loose but otherwise fine. I clean mine every night and swap in clean ones so can't really comment on longevity but I've only had to bin a couple due to loss of vapour.

Having said that I've just started using virtualvape unicoil rewickables today and they are way better for flavour and vapour (50-to-100% better depending on juice).

Back
Top Bottom