What's new

Rose V2 Banter..

Geordie Rob

Achiever
I know a few folk already have them and Vapist put them up yesterday so a few more getting the Rose today, just a general talk sh@t impressions of the Ati, whats worked for you n what not.

All my pics are just rushed phone jobbies with ney editing soz more play time that way.

First off this is heavy and would hurt ALLOT if thrown at someone talking about Kayfun clones in this thred :D
DSC_0014.jpg

Only played for an hour or so but:

Nice box
DSC_0004.jpg

Contents Stolen pic @Dino
attachment.php

Partially broken down with the Rose World Cup :)
DSC_0006.jpg

Tool supplied to break down a little further:
DSC_0013.jpg
DSC_0008.jpg

Tool goes into those slight indentations, and look its not a V2 its a V2.0b 1 not sure if its any form of revision or if that was just the crack for the V2 all along?

DSC_0007.jpg

Two ceramics supplied
DSC_0011.jpg

Wire and silica supplied nice touch from the only place to go :) and look finally found something I can put that 2.5mm more like 5mm cas its all voodoo wierd wool, would actually double over but with a coil doubled kna:
DSC_0015.jpg

Weapons of choice for first build, been meaning to try ribbon out:
DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

Probably not the wisest move doing first build with Ribbon due to ceramic but 2x does go through holes in the ceramic however I cut the tails way to short half whats in the pic so scrapped it after
DSC_0021.jpg

Being used to posts and screws etc building with ceramic in the base jamming away with the tails, and had forgot to loosen the grub screws egit, go forth and grab worlds largest alan key (supplied)
DSC_0023.jpg

Ended up this single for first vape, with way to long wick tails:
DSC_0024-1.jpg

Throat hit was intense too much for me tbh, still figuring that out as after going back in to trim the wick a little, and empty juice as chopped some wick by the chimmny into the tank, but neverless love the way you can get into the coils without an empty:
DSC_0026.jpg

This is where I am at with the Rose only a couple of hours.

General very early observations:
  • inital presentation is fantasic, its the little things like tubs for ceramics and orings, worlds largest alan key, multitool/leathal weapon made in England by three guys.
  • Build quality is just 100% top draw 316ss chunky threads if you have a PAPs its that.
  • Easier to build I think with the cup out long tails, get your tails through cup get them dead straight and snip em 3mm ish, line wick holes in cup with holes in base drop it in.
  • I left too much wick tails initially so chimney cut them off need to cut them right next to there exit (cut wick will end up in your tank/juice)
  • love the way you can take the tank off with juice in to either mess with the coil or wicks
  • Bottom half of ati at 1ohm is getting quite hot but not an issue for me my paws on the mod not the Ati
  • Flavour is very very stong look forward to trying different builds throat hit is intense a little too intense reading that varing the height of coils makes a massive difference the higher they are the bigger the throat hit need to play or if someone can advise?
  • Vapour I want more was lacking in first build but believe thats my shoddy build/wick after the general scew around you do on your first one with a new toy.
  • Air control just works spinning it the oposite direction to the thread so you dont loosen anything, now upto 2mm from 1.5 in V1.
  • Juice control works but I need more time to figure it out fully
  • On paps looks the fucking bollocks but with the spring i have in it will fire when put down not suprised really as its a light spring and ati is a heavy bugger, probably will try a stiffer spring but locking on the PAPs is half a turn. EDIT swapped PAPS switch for a heavier spring included with the PAP's can put it down no problem.

DSC_0030.jpg

TBC from me but @Dino and anyone else with one or wanting one etc.

Sorry very rough and ready shite, but thats what the intention of this thread was talk shite about the Rose.

Last edited:
I'm just having a crack at mine now. Took me ages to work out what the allen key was for. I've got some 2mm voodoowool but it looks like rope compared to 2mm silica supplied so too big I think.

It's a lovely bit of kit.

it is solid bit of kit just need more time to pay, one more general observation when I play with a tank based ATI for the first time (not just the first) I normally will get juice all over the shop, been in and out of this ati a couple of times with a full tank, not a drop that may change later if Mr Wifebeater makes an appearance. :D (if yer right)

Built one of these for someone at a vape meet... with 0.6 wire... worked like a dream but the throat hit Was too much for someone used to 1.4ohms... came out at 0.68. Wicking kept up though, two long bits of cotton in a )( style with the coil in the middle, bloomin marvelous vape!

Built one of these for someone at a vape meet... with 0.6 wire... worked like a dream but the throat hit Was too much for someone used to 1.4ohms... came out at 0.68. Wicking kept up though, two long bits of cotton in a )( style with the coil in the middle, bloomin marvelous vape!

Nice will have to give it a bash, in terms of wicking its a beast not had a dry hit yet and me messing around with silica and a tank ati just normally equals nothing but, I can foresee this ati being able to go low low, need to have a mess with coil height to see how much that impacts TH. My only beef at the moment is vape production but it is no doubt just my first shite build.

Lots of build options which I like, fiddle fiddle :D

vapist mate.

I can't make a regular coil to save my life. Abandoning the vodoowool for microcoil and cotton.

Insert a paperclips inside the VWool or have you tried using a pin lying alongside the silica?

Insert a paperclips inside the VWool or have you tried using a pin lying alongside the silica?

Used a drill bit alongside the wool. I think the voodoowool is too thick anyway, gets very tight in the juice control slots. I just watched a video on their website on how to do a diagonal micro coil so that looks the way forward, at least for tonight. I didn't know about the paperclip thing, will do that when I get some thinner voodoowool.

Last edited:
Used a drill bit alongside the wool.

Im new to wraping silica too mate I didnt use anything there just tried to make sure it wasnt too tight, not sure on your drill bit size but use something with very small diameter like mawsley says paper clip syringe needle.

Just having my T then going to try another in the other cup, four bits of same wick I think so you end up with two stacked per cup hole one coil.

normally a micro/wool man

Back
Top Bottom