What's new

On the verge of commiting Kraken Murder.

Geordie Rob

Achiever
Hi,

Got my first genny yesterday that coupled with new to me materials in the form of SS rope and mesh my stressed eric vein has been pumping some serious overtime in the last 24hours, what with crap (now broken and replaced) tools for the job of cutting SS rope, trips out to shops of hell (TX Maxx) to get a torch to toast the mesh, hotspots galore, popped top coils, build after build after build of frustration on the verge of launching the Kraken at a wall and being done with it.

Then it finally came together a few minutes ago, a tiny bit more mesh and not wrapping the top coil so bloody tight was all it needed in the end.

Bits of kanthal and mesh all over the shop, a very early visit to stealthvape needed as nearly out of 28g.

But at last tha Kraken is cooking might add another coil but not today :)

Its a bloody good job the vape is tastey or the eric vein might of gone pop.

036b3f31-129a-4b05-b5b2-575e5343a0da.jpg

I like to fiddle and try new things but that hurt.

Rob

Last edited:
Kraken iz sensitive, misunderstood monster.

Took me a few attempts to get a good result out of it, and it isn't the sort of beast that will be beaten into submission at one sitting, especially by an increasingly frustrated and irritated user. Come to think of it, this has been true of all the gennies I've owned to date.

Worth it in the end, though.

Kraken iz sensitive, misunderstood monster.

Took me a few attempts to get a good result out of it, and it isn't the sort of beast that will be beaten into submission at one sitting, especially by an increasingly frustrated and irritated user. Come to think of it, this has been true of all the gennies I've owned to date.

Worth it in the end, though.

I feel It is worth it a really nice vape I was looking for something I can take out and about work etc instead of a dripper but can still pack a punch in flavour and vaper, I reached a point last night where I just had to sack it off, I couldnt even wind a wire round a drill bit at one point as I was that frustrated.

I can see why now, that gennies get some bad rep for being fiddly buggers but after all that I feel I've learned a few things I didnt know about mesh n rope and the Kraken that should make it a little easier on the eric vein next time (he says with his fingers and toes crossed).

Lower ohms and duel when I have the bottle which isnt now, as presently if left for awhile it takes a little while to get that rope fully cooking but once its on the go, its on the GO so to speak.

cheers
Rob

Last edited:
I hear a lot of good stuff about the kraken. You can go dripper style with it too.

After getting some supplies today was feeling happy to have a fiddle with the plan of setting up again duel wick but it just turned into more of a tweak, emptied the tank now I actually have some syringes allot less painful, removed a wrap dry fired wouldnt heat up past first coil slight nudge up on the first coil all good done in seconds now slightly lower resistance this is wicking like a beast instantly on the button now, would like to try a dual wick but its very good on one tbh.

Really liking this device highly recommend for anyone wanting a quality vape on the go thats less hassle than a dripper when out and about. Cant wait to try move gennies and different config only slight bummer for me is having to make sure you keep your mod upright.

Can feel a genesis love affair coming on, I only ever got on in the past with cotton too but mesh n ss is great once over that wtf am I doing hurdle, I can imagine it being very low maintenance which isnt necessarily a good thing for me as presently i still like to fiddle, I guess the soloution is get another one n fiddle on that :)

Stressed eric vein didnt make an appearance no doubt not the last time to be seen.

Rob

Last edited:
ooh i was thinking of getting a kraken so it doesnt leak ? as using my drippers on the go it can get a bit sticky :p do you think kraken will be fine with just cotton cant bother with mesh

ooh i was thinking of getting a kraken so it doesnt leak ? as using my drippers on the go it can get a bit sticky :p do you think kraken will be fine with just cotton cant bother with mesh

Not tried cotton only just got it tbh same build from the get go seen other folk on here mention sucess with cotton, it will leak if you put it on its side upright your all good.

My kraken will quite happily sit on its side or upside down all day without leaking. Dual coils, cotton up-n-over wick.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Back
Top Bottom