What's new

Best 18650 Batteries?

I use the following 18650 batteries in my mechs - AW's, Efests,ultrafires,Sibeiles, MNKEs and generic RED unbranded IMR's. NONE perform any better than the others, ALL perform well, repeated charging no problems.
My opinion on batteries is use Ohms law, calculate the amps draw, and use a battery that meets the required draw. The brand is purely choice and what you feel comfy with.
Obviously, if you are limited to how many batteries you can have 'in reserve' then MAH needs to be considered, but then again, two decent 18650's, of whatever mah, will last a day easily,with some to spare.

ps. I use Ultrafire XSL 1200mah 18350's exclusively in short mode mechs with coils of 0.8 - 1.2 ohms as they perform better, and last longer between charge, than any other 18350 I have used. (which is strange seeing as everything I read about batteries tells me NOT to use them :P )

Last edited:
I ended up going to a battery store and buying one if their brand batteries. I noticed it lasted longer than my first battery at low level charge. I'm charging the new one now, but it seemed to perform fine.

maybe a bit late LOL but nobody mentioned samsung :)
i use samsung 2600mah in my smoktech sid and i get a day and a half out of a battery(chain vaper :( )
not the cheapest of batteries but good though.

i use a tesla mod and last week fitted a new protank 2 and got short message. now with another tank the mod is working but seems low powered and the bottom of the mod gets very warm very quickly after 2 or 3 toots. is this a battery problem more than the mod? also the mod is protected so which battery is best too use?.
many thanks bob

Generally, regulated mods can use either protected or unprotected batteries. (at least my Vamo can). But since the function is redundant, just use quality unprotected ones.

I use the following 18650 batteries in my mechs - AW's, Efests,ultrafires,Sibeiles, MNKEs and generic RED unbranded IMR's. NONE perform any better than the others, ALL perform well, repeated charging no problems.
My opinion on batteries is use Ohms law, calculate the amps draw, and use a battery that meets the required draw. The brand is purely choice and what you feel comfy with.
Obviously, if you are limited to how many batteries you can have 'in reserve' then MAH needs to be considered, but then again, two decent 18650's, of whatever mah, will last a day easily,with some to spare.

ps. I use Ultrafire XSL 1200mah 18350's exclusively in short mode mechs with coils of 0.8 - 1.2 ohms as they perform better, and last longer between charge, than any other 18350 I have used. (which is strange seeing as everything I read about batteries tells me NOT to use them :P )

It's just that eBay has many fakes, especially *****fire branded batteries.

Fake ebay batteries 18650: http://youtu.be/eOshOXcSkDA

Last edited:
Generally, regulated mods can use either protected or unprotected batteries. (at least my Vamo can). But since the function is redundant, just use quality unprotected ones.

thanks Dennis
just gone to fire it up again. now the oled is saying low volts and short again even though i have chargewd them. i dont want to buy batteries if the mods kapput?

thanks Dennis
just gone to fire it up again. now the oled is saying low volts and short again even though i have chargewd them. i dont want to buy batteries if the mods kapput?

What does it show for the resistance?

What does it show for the resistance?
its showing 2.6 ohms ( which is correct for the tank i have put on) 3.5v on battery but no power
and is now firing again. before it was reading 9.9ohms on all tanks.
thankyou Dennis

Last edited:
its showing 2.6 ohms ( which is correct for the tank i have put on) 3.5v on battery but no power
and is now firing again. before it was reading 9.9ohms on all tanks.
thankyou Dennis

Seems like there's an intermittent connection problem with either both your tanks' coils or the contact pin. Check the centre pin on your mod and take notice if it hasn't been pushed in. Check the tanks' connectors too. Could there be juice on either of them? Always keep these clean, it goes without saying. Returning to the coils themselves, make sure that the coil - heads are tightly screwed into the base of the tanks. Not crazy tight, just making good contact. Maybe you'll want to get yourself a multimeter to check continuity more easily.
If it's none of the above then there could be a problem with your mod itself.. Loose wire.. Faulty circuit board. My own vamo v5 developed this intermittent problem in that the left (-) button wouldn't work no matter how hard I pressed. Other times it works fine. That's the beauty of mass produced, cheap electronics. Some components could be badly soldered and these sometimes contact the board, sometimes not. Oftentimes influenced by temperature and /or vibrations.
But that's the worse case scenario. More often than not, it's an issue with the coils or heads themselves.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom