What's new

0.8mm kanthal

They're crazy fookers!

And I don't mean to sound horrible, but we all know some muppet who doesn't know what they are doing are going to buy it and attempt it.

*finds himself staring at it* no even im not that much of a muppet

Sent From Within A Plume Of Vapour...

Last edited:
*checks bank account*
Fuck,
Who loves me? I need this and an ohm meter xD

ok I'm not a sub-ohmer, that's out the way
surely lots of coils in parallel over lots of wick area must produce more vapour than 2 big fuck off coils ?
Or have I missed the point entirely ?

ok I'm not a sub-ohmer, that's out the way
surely lots of coils in parallel over lots of wick area must produce more vapour than 2 big fuck off coils ?
Or have I missed the point entirely ?

Yes and no...
I'm currently running a 0.16 parallel coil, and yes, it performs better than a 0.16 single strand. But, with thicker wire you can get the ohms down much easier, and still keep the same coverage due to the fact that it's thicker xD
Thicker wire also seems to hold its heat much better, and is less likely to go pop when you dry burn. 0.3 used to pop all the time for me. 0.5 and 0.6 had only popped when I forgot to.lock the button when.building

So, wrap for.wrap, it's better to be thicker.

Yes and no...
I'm currently running a 0.16 parallel coil, and yes, it performs better than a 0.16 single strand. But, with thicker wire you can get the ohms down much easier, and still keep the same coverage due to the fact that it's thicker xD
Thicker wire also seems to hold its heat much better, and is less likely to go pop when you dry burn. 0.3 used to pop all the time for me. 0.5 and 0.6 had only popped when I forgot to.lock the button when.building

So, wrap for.wrap, it's better to be thicker.

so eventually.......

your terminals look like this ??? ;)

Attachments

• mccb.jpg
    mccb.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 237
http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae179/raguri/Mobile Uploads/20140526_224642_zpsxa1fq5ya.jpg

@sparkyjuice

This build, is 4 wraps parallel. So, 8 wraps with the resistance of 4. However, I could do 12 wraps of 0.8 parallel and probably still have a lower resistance. Fitting it in would be a Bitch, but worth it. So, wick coverage wise and heat wise is why bigger wire rocks

Only 1.2mm posts atm ;)

ah, effectively quad coil on 2 wick....got it !
so its a space issue inside the atty primarily ?

ah, effectively quad coil on 2 wick....got it !
so its a space issue inside the atty primarily ?

Yep, really is actually. The double cross just had the same build put in Tim and there's only around 0.00000000001mm between the far left of the coil and the top cap. The igo m, being 22mm, has a lot.more space and.they can.be central

Yep, really is actually. The double cross just had the same build put in Tim and there's only around 0.00000000001mm between the far left of the coil and the top cap. The igo m, being 22mm, has a lot.more space and.they can.be central

interesting.......muahahaha

Back
Top Bottom