What's new

SS wire rope, talk to me!

can honestly say I have no issues with wicking on ss rope with mesh topper
(running 50/50 juice)
the warm-up time is fair comment, second draw is always better......
one thing to note......RDA with reduced chambers give a helluva vape.......but the kraken....your virtually drawing directly off the top of the coil.
it can be a throat stomper !

Another here for Voodoowool over SS rope. I have SS rope in a few lengths and find the one major drawback is in heating up times as it draws the heat from the coil before vapourising properly. You can put an ekowool sleeve on the outside that removes this a little but then you get the bad flavour (personal experience, ekowool tastes like damp walls smell to me) for a little while.

I find the Kraken to be hit and miss with wicking so something like voodoo that wicks like buggery works really well in it.

just been over to the dark side....sub ohm
anyway tried a dual wrap single coil tinman out of 1mm x 0.1mm 6/5 wrap ribbon kanthal
lovely flavour and the warm up time on mesh topper over ss rope is no longer an issue.
course, it is 33 watts....but lovely vape and rumbles like a truck...0.53 ohm
but I look at it as dual 1 ohm....on a single wick

Small update: I received the kraken today, got some dual micro coils on firing at .7 ohms, with cotton wick..... Vapes like a beaut! Sorry video61

So I'm not bothering with SS wick of any shape or form, I did however order some voodoo wool from stealthvape last night in a drunken haze, so I will update with my results with that when it arrives, which will be super snappy as usual no doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

So the voodoo wool came today. Awesome service from stealthvape as usual.

I have tried it in my dripper and if I'm honest I can taste it after a couple of draws. I will try it in my kraken after work tonight but I can see it going in the classies to be honest, cotton is just so much easier to use and I can only taste that on the first couple draws, unless I am patient and leave it soak in for 5 minutes then there's no cotton taste at all.

I will say that it wicks like crazy though!

So the voodoo wool came today. Awesome service from @stealthvape as usual.

I have tried it in my dripper and if I'm honest I can taste it after a couple of draws. I will try it in my kraken after work tonight but I can see it going in the classies to be honest, cotton is just so much easier to use and I can only taste that on the first couple draws, unless I am patient and leave it soak in for 5 minutes then there's no cotton taste at all.

I will say that it wicks like crazy though!

I have a little here given by jeffhds and can taste that a little for the first couple of refills in the dripper - after that it goes away though so worth continuing with it.

I've been using the voodoo wool in my dripper today, and your right the taste does go away.

But it's pants in my kraken, it just can't seem to wick fast enough, and I'm on .8ohm dual coils so it's not like they are firing too hot.

What it could be is that I ordered 2mm and 2.5mm and even the 2mm is a tight squeeze through the coil and wicking hole. I would think 1.5mm would be perfect but they only had 0.5mm then 2mm. Could it be that the wick is being squeezed a bit tight?

I've been using the voodoo wool in my dripper today, and your right the taste does go away.

But it's pants in my kraken, it just can't seem to wick fast enough, and I'm on .8ohm dual coils so it's not like they are firing too hot.

What it could be is that I ordered 2mm and 2.5mm and even the 2mm is a tight squeeze through the coil and wicking hole. I would think 1.5mm would be perfect but they only had 0.5mm then 2mm. Could it be that the wick is being squeezed a bit tight?

From what I remember the Kraken has a tiny wick hole so what you are saying rings true. Can you drill out the wick holes a touch?

Failing that you could always try strands of 0.5mm, go for 2 to start with and add a third if theres room

Back
Top Bottom