Innokin
What's new

SS wire rope, talk to me!

+1
VoodooWool is amazing stuff. Bit thicker than your standard fare but well worth it IMO!

Is it hollow or solid though? I thought that's what you use over stainless mesh? Or am I thinking of Ecowool?

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Elux
Is it hollow or solid though? I thought that's what you use over stainless mesh? Or am I thinking of Ecowool?

Pretty sure it's solid. Basically braided wick

Hmmm, so you gotta use mesh with rope? That really puts me off to be honest.

Don't be put off by having to use some mesh,personally can't stand it on its own,but with ss rope its fantastic and its only a wrap at the very end to ensure your coil is in full contact with the wick.

AcmeFog
I've yet to find steel rope I'm comfortable selling. If it has to be boiled, burnt or washed because of the chemicals and oils from production we wont sell it. There was the possibility of medical grade titanium rope but after seeing how easily titanium wire ignites getting some Ti rope could be a very expensive experiment.

stealthvape sells voodoo by internal diameter I believe so must be hollow or I may be wrong

Sent from (who cares) using Planet of the Vapes

Royal Flush Vape
Its hollow, but the 3mm and 4mm are more tube like due to the slightly different weave. The 2mm and 2.5mm can be rolled and stretched into a pretty much solid wick it's crazy stuff

Vape Green
Ok cool, I will place an order with you depending on the outcome of today!

Ok cool, I will place an order with you depending on the outcome of today!

wire rope and mesh ribbon coil (sorry about pic) has seen a weeks service so far

Attachments

• kraken build.jpg
    kraken build.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 84
Vape Superstore
Another here for Voodoowool over SS rope. I have SS rope in a few lengths and find the one major drawback is in heating up times as it draws the heat from the coil before vapourising properly. You can put an ekowool sleeve on the outside that removes this a little but then you get the bad flavour (personal experience, ekowool tastes like damp walls smell to me) for a little while.

I find the Kraken to be hit and miss with wicking so something like voodoo that wicks like buggery works really well in it.

Back
Top Bottom