Innokin
What's new

SS wire rope, talk to me!

AdamSon

Postman
I will have a kraken turning up in a few days, and I would like to give SS wire rope a crack this time. I say this time, because I have tried using a genesis style atty before, let's just say I didn't get on with it.

I only use cotton in my drippers but last time it just couldn't wick quick enough. I tried ss mesh and that just tasted like death no matter what I did to prepare/treat it. I also don't particularly like silica because I can taste that even after torching and what not. So apart from using Seedy's auto dripper set up, which I will most likely end up doing, there is only SS wire rope left to try, am I right?

So what's your views on it? Any recommended videos to watch?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Premier Ecigs
I will have a kraken turning up in a few days, and I would like to give SS wire rope a crack this time. I say this time, because I have tried using a genesis style atty before, let's just say I didn't get on with it.

I only use cotton in my drippers but last time it just couldn't wick quick enough. I tried ss mesh and that just tasted like death no matter what I did to prepare/treat it. I also don't particularly like silica because I can taste that even after torching and what not. So apart from using @Seedy's auto dripper set up, which I will most likely end up doing, there is only SS wire rope left to try, am I right?

So what's your views on it? Any recommended videos to watch?

Thanks.

try this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTIRoFS4P0c
use 7/7 2.5mm dia rope myself never fais to wick.....just make sure you thoroughly wash out oil and torch and wash again.
think todd did rope wick as well....
got mine here 316 7x7 Stainless Steel Wire / Rope
hope this helps

Another good video, I prefer ribbon to micro-coil, but the method is the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vape Green
Hmmm, so you gotta use mesh with rope? That really puts me off to be honest. I will see how I get on with cotton and the bit of silica I have left first I think. Thanks for the links though, they will come in handy if I decide to try it.

Hmmm, so you gotta use mesh with rope? That really puts me off to be honest. I will see how I get on with cotton and the bit of silica I have left first I think. Thanks for the links though, they will come in handy if I decide to try it.

I just use cotton in my Kraken. Wicks and works like a champ.

E-liquids.com

some people just don't like ss builds...
did you leave a hole thru centre of mesh wick ?
a dry hit on a ss mesh is hellacious !

AcmeFog
Why not give voodoo wool from stealthvape a try, wicks fast and is tasteless?

Sent by lazer from just north of the world's largest nuclear dustbin

I think I did leave a hole, it was a few months ago now.

Isn't voodoo wool hollow?

I find out if I have lost my job or not today so depending on the outcome I will be treating myself to some supplies, suppose I will give the SS builds a go again.

Smoore
Back
Top Bottom