What's new

Diabetes type 2 WARNING !!!

Vapertron

Postman
I'm not sure if anyone has posted on this before but here goes, l just went to my docs with headaches since l started vaping to find out if he could suggest anything and after a discussion about what l'm using he told me to stop using VG at once, l thought it being VEG glicerine it'd be ok but apparently not it's still a sugar and is playing hell with me, so l have to go on stinkies for a couple of days till the only pharmacy that can get it can order it in for me :(

Interesting info, thanks for sharing. I know I would never have connected the two.

Yes, I wonder how that works...it might have a similar effect as the sugars, and it`s pretty quickly absorbed into the bloodstream via the lungs I suppose.

It certainly is sweet.

http://www.wholisticresearch.com/shop/home/m/Shop/id/326/page/1/

If you cannot eat sugar or wish to avoid sugar in your diet, vegetable glycerine could be an enormous help.

You can still cook your favourite biscuits and cakes but substitute this product in place of the sugar.

100% pure Vegetable Glycerine is a safe, permitted low glycaemic index sweetener. It contains no carbohydrates or cholesterol. Derived from coconut or palm oil, this product is excellent for use in raw foods as well as in baked and cooked foods.
Glycerine is not chemically related to sugar and seems to have no affect on insulin and blood sugar levels making it a safe alterntive for diabetics and people with candida yeast overgrowth. It also does not feed the bacteria that form plaques and cause dental cavities.

A little goes a long way - only one tablespoon of vegetable glycerine is equivalent to about 1/4 cup of sugar. However, when the glycerine is heated, some of its flavour evaporates, so you may wish to use a little more in cooked products. It is best to mix it into sauces after they have cooked.

Vegetable Glycerine is pure Kosher grade and is suitable for vegans and vegetarians. It can also be used in recipes as a substitute for glycerine of animal origin.

Approximately 27 calories per teaspoon.

Keep in mind... NHS doctors will (some of them) follow the NHS guidelines when it comes to vaping... They deny it is a safer alternative and are told to actively deter people from using them by any means possible.

Last edited:
So if that's right why the headaches, l've reduced the nic twice so it's not that, l'll get a second opinion from another doc and then ask a pharmacist but not mention the vaping

Thanks Lee l'm utterly confused now, l'll give it a day or two and see if the head aches go, then try all pg mixes and see how l go :)

Hi Gav, I suffer T2 and usually use 80/20 or 70/30 PG/VG, Due to the effectiveness of the medication I use, I don't normally test my blood unless I'm feeling unwell. I was a little concerned when I started vaping as lots of liquids come with warnings about diabetes but kept an eye on my levels by testing 3 times a day for the first few weeks. Personally, I can say that vaping has not affected my readings at all.

It's a good idea to keep testing yourself if you suspect it is having an impact. If you don't have a test kit, I have at least 10 new test kits here. If you or anyone else wants one to test, pm me your details and I can send one out free of charge if you want to pay postage (I used to test kits and got sent a few freebies!).

Not so good but the part I don't get is stating you 'have' to go back on stinkies.

You don't really, there's plenty alternatives like gum, lozenges, inhalator etc.

Surely won't hurt until you're vaping again.

Back
Top Bottom