What's new

EFEST Purple VS Sony VTC4

ZeroInfinity94

Postman
Right its time for me too splurge on some new batteries.
I can get 2 EFEST Purples or 2 VTC4's for £13.50.
So what would I be better going with?

Cheers guys!

Better still, get whatever is under the Efest wrapper - they don't make cells, they rewrap and resell them. I believe them to be LG HE2. These are cheaper too.

In my testing of these, the experimental error was larger than the difference between these and VTC4s (40 millivolts difference in drop but my meter is long out of calibration). And the extra capacity is nice to have. In use, I can't tell the difference between the LGs and the VTC4s on an 0.2 ohm device.

Last edited:
We now have the vtc5 to consider. 500mah extra over the vtc4. I have one & i find the performance about the same, maybe a little longer lasting but no big difference.

Just my 2 cents, Ive just got some new 18650's, 2xVTC4's 2100mAh and 2xPurple Efest's 2500mAh, the performance from the Efest's is vastly superior to the Sony's. Don't know if it is the mAh, but the Efest's do 'hit harder'. Running on a 0.7 ohm duel coil. Will definitely get more of the Efest's, or as B1mle mentioned might try the LG HE2, but don't want to be the guineapig :grin2:

I found the efest purples dropped off faster than the Sony VTC5 - I have not tried the VTC4 but to my mind I would get the bigger capacity anyway. Efest are perfectly fine when kept above 0.6ohm but under that they seem to need charging faster than the Sony

Sony vtc5 mate. Look no further! Mnke batteries are very good too but the ones I had were only 1500mah.

Another vote for the Sony VTC5's, probably the best 18650 battery available.

Just my 2 cents, Ive just got some new 18650's, 2xVTC4's 2100mAh and 2xPurple Efest's 2500mAh, the performance from the Efest's is vastly superior to the Sony's. Don't know if it is the mAh, but the Efest's do 'hit harder'. Running on a 0.7 ohm duel coil. Will definitely get more of the Efest's, or as B1mle mentioned might try the LG HE2, but don't want to be the guineapig :grin2:

I have the HE2s and can't tell the difference from my VTC4s other than in capacity at 0.2 ohms.

Mind, at those ohms the difference is primarily in the length of the coughing fit if I try lung hits.

Back
Top Bottom