What's new

Sub ohm kayfun lite?

Double barrel coil with cotton mate, 0.6-0.7ohm on mine currently and she vapes like a champ. jeffhds tried mine a few days ago and wondered why it was vaping better than his KFL ever did - that's why :)

Is double barrel coil a certain type of coil or you just referring to a dual coil build?

Gonna attack my kayfun with a drill over the weekend juice channels and maybe airhole ?, then give the double barrel a go its been too long since the kayfun has been performing

Gonna attack my kayfun with a drill over the weekend juice channels and maybe airhole ?, then give the double barrel a go its been too long since the kayfun has been performing

i wouldnt worry about drilling out the juice channels tbh. the double barrel wicks just great without it. suprised myself tbh as its only two very small strands of cotton.

ive seen people post about causing flooding issues due to boring them out.

if its any hell you could try what i dd with mine. do to them being really thin i just made them sabout an inch longer than normal( id usually rest the wick on the ledge rather than go down into the juice wells. ) and just folded the tales in a bunch on the ledge. works a treat :)

Finally did the double barrel coil last night and she's an animal.

0.5 ohm with 10 wraps of 30guage kanthal although I am worried about melting my insulator now!!

:) watched a vid looks too hot for my tastes.

@Raguri sparkyjuice here's me thinking quiet day low watt vape, parallel kayfun anyone? :)

I can put my.hand on my heart and say I've never owned a kayfun... but, if I did I'd drill out the air hole, and put a 0.6 parallel coil in at around 0.3 ohms and hope for the best xD

I can put my.hand on my heart and say I've never owned a kayfun... but, if I did I'd drill out the air hole, and put a 0.6 parallel coil in at around 0.3 ohms and hope for the best xD

May have to have a go without the drilling for now.

May have to have a go without the drilling for now.

Took a real lazy approach and pulled one of the parallels from yesterdays zenith shenanigans 0.3 n banged it in the Kayfun, for sure needs more air as its a very hot vape even with a PTFE tip really bloody hot, think I'll pass on that one, worth a go tho. :D

EDIT, although the zenith with just one coil in now is nice, trying a bit Cinerilla in it :)

Last edited:
:) watched a vid looks too hot for my tastes.

@Raguri @sparkyjuice here's me thinking quiet day low watt vape, parallel kayfun anyone? :)

been there, t-shirt, etc.....only suits certain juices , burns the crap out of most , way too hot for me with the KFL airflow.
But it crackles and rumbles like a truck. Best suited o VV or VW devices IMO
But the chimney coil.....now you're talking....
as for juice channels...unless they are clogged with swarf I'd leave well alone
Just my twopenneth....

Back
Top Bottom