What's new

Sub ohm kayfun lite?

I'd say either a few strands of 1mm or a piece of 2mm - but then the 2mm is the internal diameter, as you probably know from the 5mm, the OD is considerably more...which, now I'm thinking clearly, would require fewer wraps or thicker wire.

Can I wrap you in thick wire?

Can I wrap you in thick wire?

Been done. Wasn't fun. Especially when the Japanese commander beat my feet with sticks and ordered I be taken from bridge-building work detail and placed in the hot box. VJ day will always remain as the only time I actually cried real tears.

I'm using 3mm sv silica in a 2.5mm micro coil currently, 0.7 ohms. Shit load of wraps of 0.42 kanthal. Going ok so far. Like I said I've been having cotton nightmares recently in my kfls. Fuck knows why, I've been doing nothing different.

I thought running sub 0.7 ohm stood a chance of melting the insulator on the Kayfun Lite?

The clones are much more resilient. Mines been at .6ohm for a long timr with no issues.

I just use riptrippers method and .45 kanthal.

Still dont like the kayfun all that much, I took a 2mm drill to mine out of sheer frustration, this is just about usable.

Double barrel coil with cotton mate, 0.6-0.7ohm on mine currently and she vapes like a champ. jeffhds tried mine a few days ago and wondered why it was vaping better than his KFL ever did - that's why :)

I'm using 3mm sv silica in a 2.5mm micro coil currently, 0.7 ohms. Shit load of wraps of 0.42 kanthal. Going ok so far. Like I said I've been having cotton nightmares recently in my kfls. Fuck knows why, I've been doing nothing different.

I had a period of loads of dry hits using cotton even at 1.2ohm and the only thing that fixed it for me was getting a drill and boring out the juice channels a touch - then it was flooding like a bitch so I used more cotton around the juice channel shelf which seems to have balanced it.

Anyone tried this and got it Sussed?
I've been using my rose with a 0.6 ohm coil on silica using 0.42 wire and now I fancy doing the same with one of my kayfuns.

only problem being I am scared of constant dry burns due to the way it wicks in comparison to the rose.

so can someone that has done it and mastered it please tell me the right way before I fail massively?

Im hoping to go as low as 0.4ohms and I do have some seriously fat wire, it's like coiling a paper clip!

run mine at 0.7 ohms with 2 double barrel nano coils using 0.3mm wire

tbh its not the wicking thats the problem, it wicks no problem with cotton but they vape texture is akin to water . its weird.

Back
Top Bottom