What's new

Sub ohm kayfun lite?

ElsaBubs

Achiever
Anyone tried this and got it Sussed?
I've been using my rose with a 0.6 ohm coil on silica using 0.42 wire and now I fancy doing the same with one of my kayfuns.

only problem being I am scared of constant dry burns due to the way it wicks in comparison to the rose.

so can someone that has done it and mastered it please tell me the right way before I fail massively?

Im hoping to go as low as 0.4ohms and I do have some seriously fat wire, it's like coiling a paper clip!

Anyone tried this and got it Sussed?
I've been using my rose with a 0.6 ohm coil on silica using 0.42 wire and now I fancy doing the same with one of my kayfuns.

only problem being I am scared of constant dry burns due to the way it wicks in comparison to the rose.

so can someone that has done it and mastered it please tell me the right way before I fail massively?

Im hoping to go as low as 0.4ohms and I do have some seriously fat wire, it's like coiling a paper clip!

7 wrap 0.6mm, then cotton halfway down the channels iirc around 1.8mm I think?

7 wrap 0.6mm, then cotton halfway down the channels iirc around 1.8mm I think?
Scared of doing it with cotton mate the dry burns will kill me!!!!!
normal coil on silica?

also I don't have a 1.8 drill bit, only 1.5 or 2.5 and 3mm. I didn't get on with the 1.5 in a kayfun, it dry burned to fuck!

Oh and no 0.6 wire, but I do have 0.5 somewhere!

Scared of doing it with cotton mate the dry burns will kill me!!!!!
normal coil on silica?

also I don't have a 1.8 drill bit, only 1.5 or 2.5 and 3mm. I didn't get on with the 1.5 in a kayfun, it dry burned to fuck!

Oh and no 0.6 wire, but I do have 0.5 somewhere!

Pfft, actually thinking about it silica would be easier As you can't rebuild without draining... 5 wrap 0.5? On 2.5

.8 ohm coil in my kayfun with cotton...no dry hits

Wow ok it's worth considering then.
any trick in particular?

I can't figure out why but I've been getting a lot of dry hits in my kayfuns recently, it's driving me mad. I feel like a right noob. I'm not doing anything differently!!!

whats the size of the thing your wrapping your micro coil around kms?

you just having cotton on one side of the channel
or all the way across?

Wow ok it's worth considering then.
any trick in particular?

I can't figure out why but I've been getting a lot of dry hits in my kayfuns recently, it's driving me mad. I feel like a right noob. I'm not doing anything differently!!!

whats the size of the thing your wrapping your micro coil around kms?

you just having cotton on one side of the channel
or all the way across?

Wrap the coil tight, im using .32 gauge kanthal, raise the coil just above the air hole and dont pack the side channels tight with cotton. Fill the inner chamber w/cotton with e-liquid til it bubbles out the little channels slightly. If it doesn't bubble out, move the cotton around...if it pours out :P add more cotton ;)

Mind you I also use 80% VG eliquids so if I can get it to work :P

I use the tiny ass screw driver that came with my Kayfun ;)

i always build the navy nest iv never had a dry hit same as KMS to I'm a VG kinda guy! I have two set up at 0.7 one with a parallel coil and cotton and a 5 wrap round silca both are true champs never a problem :)

50/50 for me and I generally find that trimming about 5mm above the chimney base has become my most reliable build, but I generally stay around the 1.4 mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Sub ohm coils work perfectly OK on the KF 3.1, v3.1 ES, lite, lite plus, and of course the Russian 91%. No wicking issues, after all, the KF's are so obliging that if, by mistake or the will of the gods, you've installed a 'duff wicker' then it will be duff whatever the ohms.
However, a 'purist debate' might be applicable regarding whether, due to the Kayfuns air flow restrictions (as is,unmodified), you can ever get the benefit of 'sub-ohm big cloud'.
IMO you can't, which is why I limit my KF builds to around 1.0 ohms (plus or minus a tad) on a mech. More wire on the wick, seems to be something that the Kayfuns live for, so that they can shove out the performance, both vapour wise and flavour wise, that they are designed for.

Back
Top Bottom