Vape Superstore
What's new

Review Copper Heimdall (clone) this is great!!

E-liquids.com
@wuz_uk

You used it in 18500 mode yet mate :what:

1399573467559.jpg

That's with the pin fully up and without the pin the battery rattle is massive

Edit: vendor contacted and being sorted :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Last edited:
Vape Green
Smoore
have you tried the battery upside down? i gave away my last two 18500s last week i just was not using them ;)

@Dan Dan the vaping man

Well after a convo on eBay with this vendor he has been very kind to send me two 18500 flat tops to see if this will resolve the problem . I must say they have been very helpful and have gone that extra bit to make sure things get sorted, so that's another vendor to note down for great customer service

Nice website as well :)

AcmeFog
Well after a convo on eBay with this vendor he has been very kind to send me two 18500 flat tops to see if this will resolve the problem . I must say they have been very helpful and have gone that extra bit to make sure things get sorted, so that's another vendor to note down for great customer service

Nice website as well :)

i do like a win win ;)

Right.

I bought this because I like copper. Also, owning a Black Heimdall and Vape Jam not selling a copper version (which I would buy in a second) I figured in my own hypocritical way that it was justified.

I have problems with it. It's not a clone.

The threading is different, the switch construction is different, the cap design is different, the switch engraving is different - in fact the only thing the two mods share in common is the logo that, if I'm being honest, looks a bit crap compared to the Black.

But, as something I wanted as an out and about functional device that I don't have to worry about scratching or dropping, it's fine.

More than like, I adore copper as a material and therefore this thing really has the performance aspect nailed to a certain respect but you can tell it's been built to a price. The lock ring, for example, spins freely on the Black - I love using it and find myself toying with it while in use. The copper lock ring, as well as not having any cut-outs, doesn't have that spin at all...which is odd given the looseness of the threading of the tubes.

If I grab my Akuma from Vape Geek the thing oozes quality. The threading is brilliant whereas this mod has sloppy wide loose threads. The Akuma has lush, deep engraving whereas this is a poor laser-etch. Even with a loaded 3.1 on the top it feels far lighter than the Akuma, far less solid.

In fact I'd say that calling it a Heimdall clone is misrepresenting it - it's inspired by the Heimdall, it's stolen its logo, but in no other aspect is this a Heimdall. It's a generic mod made from copper, and looked at that way, once I've polished out the logo, it'll do a job. Or I'll pass it on this weekend.

Can't say I'm wowed by this but then I figured it'd be this way when it arrived in a case with Ego emblazoned on the front.

Putting the old teacher hat on I'd say "Could try harder, needs to improve homework".

Elux
...but, one of the joys in picking up a cheap mod means that I don't have to give a shit about it.

5 minutes with a drill has discovered that, as I suspected, the pin coating is more chrome-like than silver. If it is silver it's a bloody cheap version. Having removed it from the contact faces to reveal bright shiny copper the thing is performing far better. Good, even.

Back
Top Bottom