What's new

(Solved) Beginner struggling to build successful duel coil

Higher ohm dual coils is a bit of a pain as you do need to half the number, so as you said 2.6 becomes 1.3 (which is lots of wraps) In my opinion if you want to go dual, either get a mech mod so you can use lower ohm or a more powerful vv device

I'm hopefully getting a mech mod soon, I'm waiting for a member on here to get his new mod sorted before he will part with it.

So you think if there is MORE wire in there it will take LESS time to heat up? (this is sarcasm)

Try it out, two coils with one or two wraps less than what you have on your single coil setup now. Nothing to lose right?

Like I said in the first post, the vamo won't fire below 1.3 and doing as you say will bring it roughly at .5

I'm going to buy some thicker wire today to see how that goes. It's all fun messing about with these anyway

Last edited:
I bought a hcigar nem today so I can sub ohm. I made dual coil at .8 and wow it's such a beast :) the vamo just couldn't provide the power for 2 coils. They aren't needed but but I want to play :)

Attachments

• 1399128936707.jpg
    1399128936707.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 63
So you think if there is MORE wire in there it will take LESS time to heat up? (this is sarcasm)

Try it out, two coils with one or two wraps less than what you have on your single coil setup now. Nothing to lose right?

When dual coiling it does cut the resistance in half and therefore heat up quicker.

So if you make a set of 2 ohm coils up.

A single coil would make 2ohm resistance.

2 x 2 ohm dual coil would give a resistance of 1ohm.

4 x 2 ohm quad coil would make the resistance 0.5ohm.

I appreciate you were trying to help but the mod he was using was regulated and wouldn't fire a sub ohm build like you suggested.

Also sarcasm doesn't go down too well here, this community doesn't do sarcasm :)

I forgot about on this thread. I experimented some more earlier, my latest set up has dual twisted .32 8 wraps coming in at .7 ohm.. and wow it's crazy compared to what I'm used to. I think I'll bump the ohm up a little for my adv :)

The Vamo is regulated to a mere 3 amps current which is way to little for heating those dual coils. I've also got a Vamo and quickly ceased wasting my time winding coils, and instead robbed my dead laptops battery pack, ripped it apart for its 18650's and built a box mod. This wasn't brilliant but certainly gave out enough current to allow me to experiment with various wire thicknesses in single/dual/quad configurations.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Of course :) but it's probably not a good idea for my adv, dripping every 4 puffs is a bit of a pain in the a@%e. I think I need another dripper, one for fun and one for my adv.

Every 4?! Something Not right there... I drip once every 6 puffs and I'm running very very low. So low my batteries cry.

Back
Top Bottom