What's new

Review Kangertech Mini Protank 3

Danny K

Achiever
Thought I would share my opinion on this, this is my opinion not POTVs and all that malarkey!

Hopefully some of you will find this helpful after all I think that's what reviews are for :)

So these arrived and I had to try one out, on first appearance they turn up ready built in a Kangertech box with scratch off so all good in that direction.

Pre-fitted with a dual coil 1.5ohm so just unscrewed base and fill with liquid.
Nice big fill holes on each side so a bonus compared to a Mini Davide.
Filled to the top tube and tightened base up no leaks so another plus, however when the tank is upright it only looks 3/4 full ?

First Draw :

As a 3 hole air setup as old Kanger tanks it's way to airy for me I prefer a tighter draw. Easy fix would be to block one or two of the air holes.

Vapour :

Unbelievable for the size and only vaping at 7w however the dual coil and air flow will be responsible, once those air holes are blocked I suspect it will diminish a bit.

Flavour :

I'm finding it a bit muted compared to other tanks however this again could be down to the airy draw. If you prefer clouds over flavour then it's exceptional myself however would prefer more flavour.

Price :

Can't go wrong get one :)

Coils :

Only time will tell I will report back in a week.

Overall :

A good little tank with plenty of vapour as standard infact an impressive amount.
Too airy for me but a quick tinker with air holes will certainly give a tighter draw with improved flavour.
Would I buy another ? Time will tell but at the moment I prefer my Davide but after the tweaks I would say they would be near identical not bad at all for the money when the Davide is twice the price.

Well hopefully some of you find it a good review and somewhat helpfull.

PS : Feel honoured as I don't normally do reviews. :)

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Good to know they are also muted tasting. Won't bother to get one then.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

I think they're great for flavour

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Im also using one, on day 4 now. I also find them good flavour. But agree they are a little airy. I believe there is a air flow add on that fits? I only had one bad moment when refilling i think the wicks got stuck in the thread, on use dumped loads into the top of the battery >< and ye it always looks 3/4 full because there is a resovior a mm deep under the wick.

i have two of these and vaping at 11 watts on my MVP find the flavour awesome.
i tried one on the hana mod at 20 watts ( 1.5 ohm ) and damn nearly blew my head off on the taste sensation ( hoarhound and lemongrass diy juice 12mg nic 60/40 pg/vg)
as for airy. well the 3 holes certainly give you some nice clouds but theres def no loss of flavour and this is on a tank 2-3 weeks old so coil still going strong.
also being glass no worries about tank cracking juices. nice drip tip supplied too, though only downside is im filling the darn thing 3-4 times a day!

I'm not sure been on it all day and just can't get the flavour that I can from the Davides when the coil went in it was mustard for all of about an hour after just wishy washy flavour.

I've since blocked 2 of the air holes and the draw has certainly tightened up, maybe the flavour is ever so slightly improved since doing so but still not a patch on a single 1.8 in the Davide.

Maybe I should another coil might be a duff one............

Why can't you fill the dam thing up as well always looks 3/4 to me

tbh im using the 1.5 coil, on a spinner. I find anything above 4 ohms the tastes becomes less dominatant. I find off 3 juices so far its best on 3.5 ohms... still working it out tho as im new on the spinner. I must say its also good on my evod battery i think standard is 3.6 ohms. I have tried it on a battery that is 3.9 ohms and its not as good hmm ...

I've tried every possible position on the spinner and on the vmax I just can't find the sweet spot.
Will change the coil out tomorrow for a fresh one let's hope they last longer than a day !
At the moment it's sitting pretty with a different drip tip.

Attachments

• 1399053374218.jpg
    1399053374218.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 72
I got myself mini pro tank 3, about 3 weeks ago!
I like it a lot, and feel like flavours are impecable!

But yesterday, i switched the coil (for an original kanger new coil) and the vapor dropped to at least half of the original coil.

Not happy, i washed the original coil, let it dry and fit it up again - awesome vapor once again! Can't seem to understand what happened! Maybe one of the two coils was not working?

Looking forward on your update on the coil part!

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Planet of the Vapes

I think i understood why i had less vapor from the 2nd coil!

The original that comes with the mini pro tank 3 has a resistance of 1.5 ohm, as the new one i was replacing has a resistance of 2.0 ohm. Problem solved!

Now i need help: i have a standard ego-t battery wich seemed to be working fine with the 1.5 ohm coil. I know that a 2.0 ohm coil will drain less powers, but provides less vapor. For the same amount of vapor using a 2.0 ohm coil i will need a stronger battery, right?

Smoke free since April 12th 2014

Back
Top Bottom