What's new

WTF have I just ordered?

I'm not sure but was looking round Farnell site and although they are out of stock, it would seem they also carry the Raptor plus smaller output devices and also a 50A board/chip. If they can get Raptor chips then we save on that idiotic £12 charge on the other site.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

I'm in for 1. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Sent from somewhere just south on our nations capital.

I'm not sure but was looking round Farnell site and although they are out of stock, it would seem they also carry the Raptor plus smaller output devices and also a 50A board/chip. If they can get Raptor chips then we save on that idiotic £12 charge on the other site.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Haven't you already got these boards Chegs?

Sent from somewhere just south on our nations capital.

No,I was going to order from Mouser but they don't do free P&P no matter how much you spend,and there is also a £12 delivery charge even though the Raptor would fit in a fucking matchbox.

This is what I think is Farnells Raptor http://uk.farnell.com/ge-critical-power/apts020a0x3-srz/dc-dc-non-isolated-5-5vdc-20a/dp/2076814

It looks pretty much the same but that voltage is dropping down after each reply ;)
Just so I'm clear, can these raptor boards be controlled using a low amp potentiometer?
I've got a thing for twisty knobs!

I was thinking about a mod with an old school needle multimeter wired in the other day. That might just hold it. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

It looks pretty much the same but that voltage is dropping down after each reply ;)
Just so I'm clear, can these raptor boards be controlled using a low amp potentiometer?
I've got a thing for twisty knobs!

I'll do a little digging & get back to you later on whether a "twisty knob" will work....though you won't see much of the clouds of vapour through those tears :rofl:

Or are you so masochistic that you don't cry when someone twists your knob? :P

I found some things to help you along the way Seedy. Hope this helps? :D

Sent from my HTC One using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Attachments

• 1398418634893.jpg
    1398418634893.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 201
  • 1398418646179.jpg
    1398418646179.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 185
Back
Top Bottom