What's new

Review The GP Akuma from Vape Geek

Mawsley

Putting the soup into super hero
This is a quick one off the wrist about a mod I had paid for with cash and will treat anyway I see fit, as is my right as its owner. It does not have a name, it is an inanimate object. People who give names to parts of their anatomy or vehicles should be parted from oxygen. This is not a widely held viewpoint, certainly not POTV's, but that just goes to prove how correct I am. If you take offense to anything written here please detail it in a letter addressed to: Mawsley, 69 Idontgiveafuckwhatyouthink St, Shoveitupyourarse, Kent. Then pour petrol over yourself and strike a match.

Screen%20shot%202014-04-23%20at%2014.16.56.png

The threading on this is superb. I worried because I felt the fine threading on the Copper Black would die from my ham-fisted nature, this feels much more robust.

If you don't dig the engraving then this is never going to be for you - but for me, as someone who likes a bit of art on an otherwise blank canvas, this is awe to the some. Deep lines, heavy set eyes and some kind of daemon spawned from hellfire and brimstone. It just bloody rocks.

The 510 accepts every one of my attys which, when compared to all of my other high-end gear is a blessing...some of them can be like my daughter - right fussy buggers.

1akuma.jpg

The silver coated copper contacts won't appeal to all and, if I'm going to be like my girl looking at a plate of salad, the battery adjustment looks to be a weak point. Firstly, it's a faff getting the adjustment right and it's not like someone hasn't already invented the floating pin. These were, after all, made in the same factory that makes the Viggo.

Secondly, it's thinner than a model in a woman's magazine. I like my positive connections like my females, Rubenesque. That said, it does it's job and I make time to adjust it and adjust it and adjust it again.

2akuma.jpg

The switch is a simple affair; the locking ring moves freely like pseudo hippy with a trust fund. The throw is firm and sure without being too firm leaving it able to support an atty in 650 mode without locking it.

I do wonder if it will unscrew itself akin to a Grand Vapor product. Time will tell. The switch design on the Stingray or the Nemesis is the way forward, dear designers - something that doesn't unscrew itself.

And we like magnets too. Who needs a computer hard drive or a working credit card anyway?

3akuma.jpg

The 350 tube has an extension to turn it into a 650 or, if you are so disposed, there is a matching 500 tube with engraving and serial.

In tiny mode it is like Richard Hammond in a world of Jeremy Clarksons. Not being sentient, it doesn't realise a world full of Jeremy Clarksons is a bad thing. A very bad thing. But at least it's not a world of Piers Morgans.

4akuma.jpg

Like the copper and brass of the mod, the box itself is a real beauty...remembering of course that beauty is a relative concept...remember that I am, to Mrs. M, the embodiment of everything a man should be. Not every woman appreciates a bone-idle, overweight, opinionated git. Such women are fools - as are you if you fail to see how gorgeous this package is.

I purchased this, as can you, from Vape Geek for the paltry sum of £120 - here

It's a copper mod, it goes like like one of those women on Big Brother who thinks that if she acts like a slut on television she'll get a job in acting or reading the news. Compared to other high-end mods I own I believe it is worth every penny. The drawbacks are quirks, nothing I own is perfect although this comes pretty close.

Basically, if Johnny Depp vaped during Pirates of the Caribbean you can bet your arse he'd be using an Akuma.

5akuma.jpg

Looking at the switch, could be a bugger to magnetise without compromising the vents.

it only covers half the vents so you have 4 half circles and you need to compensate the throw i used copper packing in the screw hole and it works a dream BUT! and there's always a BUT! i like it but lots of you good peeps will not as you have to lock it before you stand it down, or it will fire under its own weight. I did do it another way as well, but it requires a longer screw now i used a brass (wash your mouth out) screw for this exercise and well all i can say is with the extra magnet in and the longer screw it does not fire under its own weight but looks as ugly as fuck with a large (by comparison) gap between the switch and the button, i reverted back to the build with two magnets as i always lock my mods before standing them down.

i don't see a easy way to overcome this without tooling for the job, and for me anyway thats a bridge too far :thumbup:

@sparkyjuice

it only covers half the vents so you have 4 half circles and you need to compensate the throw i used copper packing in the screw hole and it works a dream BUT! and there's always a BUT! i like it but lots of you good peeps will not as you have to lock it before you stand it down, or it will fire under its own weight. I did do it another way as well, but it requires a longer screw now i used a brass (wash your mouth out) screw for this exercise and well all i can say is with the extra magnet in and the longer screw it does not fire under its own weight but looks as ugly as fuck with a large (by comparison) gap between the switch and the button, i reverted back to the build with two magnets as i always lock my mods before standing them down.

i don't see a easy way to overcome this without tooling for the job, and for me anyway thats a bridge too far :thumbup:

@sparkyjuice

What's the diameter of the bush the switch stem slides into please ?

As time rolls by the more I adore this mod, the less I care about battery adjustment.

It looks amazing, it performs fantastically and the switch is excellent without magnets. This really is a well-made piece of kit that if copper and deep-engraving is your thing will last you as long as you keep and use mods for.

I love the weight of it - this is thick, thick copper. I have tended to use it in 18500 mode with a dripper and it (along with the Viggo and the Element) are my dripping weapons of choice.

I really can't speak more highly of it. If you don't have one then save, steal, sell your partner on street corners and deal drugs to buy one.

Back
Top Bottom