What's new

Review MCV Panzer vs. FT Chanzer

Oh, and all the grubby pictures or the ones above or on the left are the MCV

All the cleaner, on the right or below pictures are the clone

Wow.. very in depth, informative review.:thumbup:

I remember scouring reviews of cars when I was in the market for a second hand runabout and finding quite positive reviews for the Vauxhall Astra.

I ended up buying a Daewoo Lanos.. lovely little motor, ran like a dream and only cost me half of what a similar Astra would have cost. I didn't really give a monkey's about the badge on the car, I just wanted it to get me from A to B and it did that admirably... until some twot in a lorry wrote her off. :(

Anyway, I seem to have a similar approach to vaping devices as I do to cars.. I just want something that works and I'm not so fussed about the details.

Without seeing the differences in the details highlighted in your review, I would probably be hard pressed to spot em.. and if I'm honest, given a straight out choice between original and clone, I'd still probably pick the clone.

If the clone is a fraction of the price and still does the job, I'd be hard pressed to justify the extra expense of buying an original.. but I've always been a bit of a tight cow. ;)

If the clone is a fraction of the price and still does the job, I'd be hard pressed to justify the extra expense of buying an original.. but I've always been a bit of a tight cow. ;)

You do what is right for you, chuck.

Mine's a clearly biased review, but honest in its bias. Doesn't make my opinion any better or worse than anyone else's. KMS hates them both - that's good too.

Now the world don't move to the beat of just one drum...etc :D

Chanzer Part II
Maxcat's Chanzer should be snuggling up to JustDave right about now...but I've received a different clone today from Stealthvape's Rob and it's interesting to note the differences.

No idea where this clone originates from but it is noticeably lighter in the hand and every edge far more curved than the FT version, which makes the FT closer to the real deal. This one is far shinier than either the real thing or the FT version I was sent, the threading is incredibly loose. Unless the thing is done up tight it will happily spin sections apart as you try to remove just one. The one thing it does well is the drip well, it's the only aspect where it is almost identical to the MCV, although the font claiming it's made by MCV is closer to the real Panzer too.

The 510 pin was equally non-adjusting and set so low that I couldn't get a single atomiser to fire. Bashing it out with a hammer then working the brass and the delrin with a Dremel I've managed to turn it into one that floats although I still can't get something like a W3 to fire on it. Atty's with adjustable 510 connections are doing OK.

Interestingly too is that the copper firing pin from the Panzer sits too deep for it to be workable. You could adjust it but it'll forever be screwing itself back down. The copper firing pin from the Black Hawk does work though.

In contrast, the copper pin for the 510 from the Black Hawk is the right threading but too long whereas my Panzer copper pin fits fine.

*It should be remembered by people hoping to pick up sets of copper or silver pins that different batches of Panzers and Hawks have different dimensions to the pins meaning that even if you bought one set it'd probably not fit both or either ends.

With the copper in place and a Critical Mindz Pulse-G on top it's vaping away quite merrily.

Now, if only I had a hand gun I could give it the Chi You clone test ;) :D

My tuppence after having a go on Mawsley's Panzers is that not surprisingly the original is superior in every way. I received the clone first as a sample and was impressed with it truth be told, then Mawsley pissed all over that by sending me the originals dashing my dreams to the pavement.

Thanks Dave

My tuppence after having a go on Mawsley's Panzers is that not surprisingly the original is superior in every way. I received the clone first as a sample and was impressed with it truth be told, then Mawsley pissed all over that by sending me the originals dashing my dreams to the pavement.

Thanks Dave

You want it back Rob or shall I give it away on here?

Back
Top Bottom