What's new

Experienced Opinions Wanted

My taifun is .6ohm, my dripper seen there is .4ohm, the efests will fire at .6ohm, but they dont like it and ypur right on the limit of what vapers suggest is safe for them, there are no data sheets for them as they are rewrapped cells, efest does not manufacture them.

Therefore imo, they are not suitable to run any of my set ups, they also have smalller anodes and cathodes than 18650 cells, which basically makes the cells sag more under load where my 18650 cells fire these coils instantly, they kind of smoulder with the 18350 cells, which means holding the button down longer, wasting energy without actually vaping it.

Like I say, I don't get on with 18350 cells at all, I certainly won't ever buy another 18350 only mod unless I feel its feasible to convert it to 18650 cells.

Ok, makes sense now. So just to double check - these would be fine if building 1.4 ohm coils???

They have a 6a limit so yes, they would be fine, but the taifun gives a very cool vape at .8ohm, at 1.4ohm or twelve watts it would be positively tepid. I like a warm vape, it suits the desert eliquids I like to vape, hence why I like sub ohm high wattage builds.

Really, in relation to what you like, what I like matters little, you cant really build your device to suit me, I cant build my device to suit you, the beuty of rebuildables and mechs is that to a point, you can totally tailor them to your own unique style of vaping, I like wide open airflow and high wattage, most people dont, they find my set ups harsh, but I inhale deeply so more air rushes in cooling the coils, do a gentle mouth to lung and you'll burn your tonsils lol, but for me they are merely warm and smooth.

You might prefer to do mouth to lung inhales, so you draw more gently and 12watts still results in a warm vape. You just have to try things out and figure out whats right for you.

They have a 6a limit so yes, they would be fine, but the taifun gives a very cool vape at .8ohm, at 1.4ohm or twelve watts it would be positively tepid. I like a warm vape, it suits the desert eliquids I like to vape, hence why I like sub ohm high wattage builds.

Really, in relation to what you like, what I like matters little, you cant really build your device to suit me, I cant build my device to suit you, the beuty of rebuildables and mechs is that to a point, you can totally tailor them to your own unique style of vaping, I like wide open airflow and high wattage, most people dont, they find my set ups harsh, but I inhale deeply so more air rushes in cooling the coils, do a gentle mouth to lung and you'll burn your tonsils lol, but for me they are merely warm and smooth.

You might prefer to do mouth to lung inhales, so you draw more gently and 12watts still results in a warm vape. You just have to try things out and figure out whats right for you.

Listen, thanks so much for the info. I know I'm probably going on a bit but it's useful speaking to someone that know theirs stuff!

I'd say I draw normally, preferring a mouth to lung inhale. Will a 1.4 ohm coil on a mod topped with a taifun GT ?

No problem. That's hard for me to answer, I never could mouth to lung, never could smoke a boxed cig - to tight a draw, I always smoked rollies. I would assume so, you can take 18350 cells down to .8ohm iF they are a good imr, so you have room to experiment, try leaving the 1.5mm airtube in the taifun, build a 1.4ohm coil and see how it vapes. If its not right, decide if it needs more airflow, less airflow or more wattage and adjust one thing at a time.

The screenshot from above is from vapers toolbox. Download it and have a play about, its a great resource for checking if something is safe, and giving you somewhere to start with your builds.

Get used to checking what the maximum continuous draw of your cells is (6a, 10a, 20a etc) then you can make informed decisions as to what is right for you.

I tried a lot of different things out and figured out what was right for me, I now know if someone says something is airy, its probably right for me. You'll soon figure out whats good for you, the easiest way is to get a mod and a dripper like a trident clone with air flow control. Their quick to shove a build in, lots of air hole options so you can figure out your draw and they give awesome flavour, dont worry so much about the aesthetics till you've got that ground work sorted and your more likely to end up with a selection of set ups that suit you (you really wont end up with just one, their like liquorice alsorts, you have to have a few lol).

I suppose there is and will be a certain level of trial an error involved (within the safety boundaries).

Something tells me I won't get it right only first build.

Going to have a look and see if that toolbox is on iOS.

It comes up on Google search so I hope so, its a great app for builds.

Some of my early gear has been passed onto friends and family to give them a leg up, nothings really wasted, just try not to go too cheap and generally you'll be ok, buy from a vender like Vape Geek or @m-vapes and you'll be ok, they have a good reputation to trade on for good reason.

It comes up on Google search so I hope so, its a great app for builds.

Some of my early gear has been passed onto friends and family to give them a leg up, nothings really wasted, just try not to go too cheap and generally you'll be ok, buy from a vender like Vape Geek or @m-vapes and you'll be ok, they have a good reputation to trade on for good reason.

Funny you say that - I have my Taifun on order from Vape Geek :)

Thanks for all your help pal! Kudos.

I'm running an open air modded, Taifun GT on a 1.8ohm setup on a 18350 mech mod -18/24mg nic - mouth to lung = nice draw for me & good throat hit.

But as @gords1001 has said - everyones setup up and taste senses are as unique as our fingerprints.

you gotta go with what suits you - and this will be through trial and error on your setups

:)

J

Last edited:
Just learnt that I like lots of airflow, so good to know that the Taifun is the right tank to be in my basket (ready for payday). Might have to ask my dad to drill out my Gamma clone, as compared with the Trident even that feels tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Back
Top Bottom