What's new

Review Innokin IClear X-I - review with pics

pauly meatballs

Achiever
34gr5z8.jpg

Hi Everyone,
just a quick look at the latest clearomiser from innokin, the iclear x-i.
I bought this device from myepack for £12.99. It arrived 2 days later in perfect condition and in this sturdy plastic case.

2i20kye.jpg

Inside was the innokin iclear x-i, fitted with a 2.1 ohm head. It also came with 2 spare heads (nice one innokin!)

4j4287.jpg

This is a dual coil,3.0ml, bottom coil clearomiser with a pyrex tank. Here it is broken down: Note the rubber end caps on the pyrex tank (more on that later).

14e6lwg.jpg

The dual coil head looks very similar to the iclear 30B but is not identical. Unsure yet whether they are compatible.

mk8585.jpg

Filled up with some "gummy blood" by fuzion vapor and stuck it on the ol' hand grenade.

s2xmzc.jpg

Keen eyed vapers will notice I put the pyrex tank on upside down. Doh!

In case you're wondering, this clearo is a nice fit in the VTR

u4fgl.jpg

It's also works nicely with the kamry k1000 pipe:

5d00gm.jpg

Performance:
Draw - medium to airy.
Vapour- excellent.
Taste - pretty rough at first. Don't know what it is about this type of coil but they really take some time to get going. Went through the best part of a tank before it started to deliver the flavour. It's now pretty good.

So no probs?
Hmm. Lets talk tanks.
Good on Innokin to finally get on the pyrex train. They're not quite there though.
I pointed out the rubber sleeves on the pyrex tank earlier. This puzzled me as I haven't seen it before on any of my pyrex clearos. Seemed quite a innovative way to secure and protect the tank. Except it doesn't. My pyrex tank chipped whilst I was unscrewing the device after it's first tankful.
Taking a close up look at the pyrex you can see that the ends are very rough.

2e6fuw4.jpg

Compare that to the smooth loveliness of the aspire nautilus tank:

2ll0evp.jpg

it also feels thinner and flimsier. I'm sure though that replacement tanks will be available soon and I doubt they'll be expensive.

pros:
3 heads included. Good value there.
pretty decent flavour once the coil beds in.
I like the look of it, many don't!
Fits nicely in VTR

cons:
no airflow adjustment.
flimsy, rough pyrex tank.
better clearos out there right now for roughly the same price.

2hzqqnb.jpg

Hope this was of some use/interest.
Have a great day,
Paul

Thanks for that I was leaning towards one of these but think I'll hold on, I wonder whether the heads are rebuildable that's maybe the deal breaker for me

Thanks for the review, after my woes with the 30b, innokin products stay at a barge poles length in future.

Thanks for the review, after my woes with the 30b, innokin products stay at a barge poles length in future.
I agree the 30B is quite poor. I prefer the original 30 and the S. The X-i seems to use a similar head as the B and for that reason ...I'm out

X.I uses the same heads as the 30B. I originally loved my 30B but it didn't last long. Hope the new one is better.

I'm quite happy with mine, and don't mind the look of it (though would be nicer in brushed finish without the decoration). My only gripe really is the slight wobble to the drip tip. Other tips I've tried have been even worse, and would probably drop off

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

I've been tempted by one of these. My protank is great but I keep snapping (my kids keep snapping) the 510 threads off the base by knocking it over (2 in 3 weeks). My iclear 30 is really good but ugly, how would this compare to the 30?

Sent from my HTC One using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Got mine this morning, very happy with it. Better taste and more vapour than the 30. I'm well chuffed with it.

Have to add don't do it up too tight after filling, I used a tissue to tighten it up and it killed it. I loosened it and all is fine again.

Back
Top Bottom