What's new

Taifun GT Clone

No spare chimney or extra orings. The makers must have been in a rush that day. Krakens are king in my opinion. Damned good bit of kit when done right. I'm going to do a build vid next week showing my silica cotton build. Its like dripping. The kraken is also a smoother vape as the vapour has less distance to travel.
Defo my GOTO Atty.

It's not a chimney as such but a tiny little tube, it's so small you might have missed it. It's the bit that sticks up from the deck towards your coil. There should be a couple of them to choose from, they look the same but the "bore" is slightly wider or narrower giving you more or less airflow.
I had a real time getting mine to play ball but now it does it beats all the others for flavour.

It's not a chimney as such but a tiny little tube, it's so small you might have missed it. It's the bit that sticks up from the deck towards your coil. There should be a couple of them to choose from, they look the same but the "bore" is slightly wider or narrower giving you more or less airflow.
I had a real time getting mine to play ball but now it does it beats all the others for flavour.

Nope just checked. All I got was the usual silly screwdriver, mesh, silica and kanthal. Can that little tube be taken out?. :-(

Pah, I didn't get a little screwdriver... plenty of O rings, some wick and wire and chimneys tho! ;)

I have a spare 'chimney' here- not sure if it's wider or narrower than the one I have in, but I'm happy with the draw I get at the moment, so I'll check next time I re-wick, and if the spare is a wider bore, I'll give you a shout and send it to you :)

Oh, and I'm pretty sure AndyC1971 said something about taking the tube out- not sure if he said you can or you can't tho... he'll be along shortly to confirm I'm sure ;)

Pah, I didn't get a little screwdriver... plenty of O rings, some wick and wire and chimneys tho! ;)

I have a spare 'chimney' here- not sure if it's wider or narrower than the one I have in, but I'm happy with the draw I get at the moment, so I'll check next time I re-wick, and if the spare is a wider bore, I'll give you a shout and send it to you :)

That's very good of you Liath. I'll happily send you a quality ft screwdriver :-) let's see if Andy has any suggestions. Cheers.

I reckon if I get the airflow sorted, it'll be good. The main reason I wanted one was the occasional leak from the kraken. That's taken care of with the taifun gt. So fingers crossed I can whip the tube out and give it more air. ;-)

Some people had had good success taking out the tube and the plastic insulator. Sometimes the plastic insulator is a little too long and needs cutting slightly shorter. Try a mixture of all three to see what suits you best :)

The air tube, and it's little plastic sleeve do pull out. very easy to damage (beyond repair) the metal tube though as they are not very pliers friendly. Some folks have found a bit of 'manufacturers flash' on the bottom of the plastic sleeve which can restrict air flow.

Some people had had good success taking out the tube and the plastic insulator. Sometimes the plastic insulator is a little too long and needs cutting slightly shorter. Try a mixture of all three to see what suits you best :)

The air tube, and it's little plastic sleeve do pull out. very easy to damage (beyond repair) the metal tube though as they are not very pliers friendly. Some folks have found a bit of 'manufacturers flash' on the bottom of the plastic sleeve which can restrict air flow.

Thanks guys. I'll pull it apart and try to gently pull the tube out. Much appreciated. :-)

Back
Top Bottom