What's new

kayfun getting me down :(

sorry to add a question to this thread lol

i've just got a kayfun like the one a few pictures up and the rectangular plastic bit under the block is broken. Is that bit just in insulator or does it act as a seal as well?

it fires fine and just a quick vape from it. Tastes great :-) vaping alchemist cupboard apple crumble

sorry to add a question to this thread lol

i've just got a kayfun like the one a few pictures up and the rectangular plastic bit under the block is broken. Is that bit just in insulator or does it act as a seal as well?

it fires fine and just a quick vape from it. Tastes great :-) vaping alchemist cupboard apple crumble

Both although the main reason is for it being an insulator, it can be tightened down by a screw on the inside if you undo the base, obviously if it is loose then liquid will creep down inside where the screw goes up through.

I've just got the new o rings so will report back later (probably this evening) when I get time.

As promised, just to let you know how I've got on.
I only managed to have a look at this tonight. I swapped all the o rings for new ones (thanks Dexter). All the new o rings seem to have a tighter fit. Checked the positive post was tight enough so that juice can't escape through the insulators (and it was), re-wicked it, filled it with juice and been vaping away for the last couple of hours. All seems well, the juice is still sat in the tank where it should be. I'll vape with this tomorrow too and hopefully it'll be problem solved. :)

Good news clint! My KF clone got a load of juice in the overflow chamber today. Performed a post mortem and the coil was really gunned up. I reckon the atomising chamber overfills and it leaks down the hole in the central air inlet. There is a hole in the side of this under the deck, and the positive contact screw stops juice leaking down the outer connector. Just my thoughts, of course, nothing based on knowledge! :D

A bit too tight on the airflow will also cause the collector tank to fill up, but it could be the chimney O-ring allowing air to leak into the tank causing a loss of vacuum and forcing juice up into the chimney where it will drain into the collector tank.

Back
Top Bottom