What's new

kayfun getting me down :(

The strange thing is that if I blow through the drip tip nothing comes out of the air hole. However, if I turn the atty upside down and blow through the air hole, the juice is pissing out of the drip tip. :confused:

I think this bit is because of the way the wicking chamber works, there should always be a pool (for lack of a better word) at the base inside the chimney section, the air pressure keeps this from getting up to the height of the air hole I believe, but it will be pooling at the base of the wick, turning the device upside down will cause the juice to go up the chimney. As for the juice disappearing, that's a mystery. But It maybe that the juice is going up into the top of the device again because of the suction effect? I'm not to sure though, hopefully someone else can be more enlightening on that one for you

The amount of juice that comes out when I turn it upside down is far more than what should have accumulated inside the chimney for wicking. Its obvious that its the juice that's dropped down into the base.

I do know that it won't take much for the pressure to change inside the kayfun, it works quite similar to a poultry drinking system, which is why I'm swayed to agree with ZT that the o rings could be on their way out.

The airhole is on the side right ? as the 510 connector does not take air in (normally) surely it must be the seal/insulator on the positive post ?

The amount of juice that comes out when I turn it upside down is far more than what should have accumulated inside the chimney for wicking. Its obvious that its the juice that's dropped down into the base.

I do know that it won't take much for the pressure to change inside the kayfun, it works quite similar to a poultry drinking system, which is why I'm swayed to agree with ZT that the o rings could be on their way out.

Have you got spare o rings? If not what size do you need and i will see what i have :)

as well as the orings only other thing is somehow the wick is blocking/trapping juicein the channels or theres not enough wick and its not reatining the juice where it shoulda.. hard to know without seeing pic of your build

Well @clint short of replacing said "O" rings have you checked that the block is securely tight. This would be the only other place I could see liquid creeping into the base under the delrin insulator. Not trying to tell you how to suck eggs, just a thought.

IMG_3361jpgclint_zpsc0b673aa.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom