What's new

Review Kanger Evod 2 (dual coil) - 1st impressions - w/pics

pauly meatballs

Achiever
ls8ejFH.jpg

Hi everyone,
Just a few pics of the new clearo from Kangertech, the Evod 2.
I bought this device from steamgunk for £4.25, it arrived the next day in perfect condition.

VFGtkGC.jpg

The Evod 2 is a bottom dual coil clearomiser holding 1.6ml of eliquid. It also has a removable drip tip:

zmr3lrK.jpg

The supplied head was 1.5 ohms resistance. It appears identical to the kanger aerotank head.

zjvEOmI.jpg

Here it is next to a regular evod head.

R0vRlJ5.jpg

The regular evod head screwed in fine to the evod 2 base but as you can see, the rubber cap is a little shorter. If you wanted to use your old evod heads with this device a simple fix would be to double up those caps.
The evod 2 is a little bigger than the old style evod.

hpl1Z96.jpg

Tried a few different drip tips. About half of the ones I tried didn't fit well or at all. The more expensive, handmade ones with a longer "shank" didn't fit well but the China cheapies fit just fine.

NeWxiNE.jpg

Filled up my new evod 2 with some "ono baccy" by Parkes vaping and stuck it on the mvp2.

5zk8bL3.jpg

Performance -
Very nice! A big difference to the old style evod, which was (IMHO) a notorious flavour-muter. On the stock head I'm getting solid flavour and vapour and its wicking well with a 50/50 eliquid.

Verdict -

2 thumbs up! A great budget dual coil device for everyday vaping. The heads appear to be the same as the aerotank head which I've rebuilt a few times now with no problems.
If you're a tank cracker person I understand the evod glass will be coming soon!

Thanks for reading this, hope it was of some help/interest.
Have a great day,

Paul

I've tried the dual coil evods heads from appolo ecigs, their on a par if not a little better than the aspire bdc coils and it is possible to rebuild them!

I've read some reviews & comments on the net claiming that dual coil heads were not as good as single coils. Apparently the flavour can get ruined by burning the liquid too fast and also dual coils caused the battery, of whatever device is being used, to run down quicker. Is this the case with BDC systems? Is there an advantage to BDC's?

Back
Top Bottom