What's new

Review Stingray Clone from Vapoursaints

I've had my stingray for 24 hours and the minimal voltage drop is making a huge difference with my kayfun lite, kayfuns aren't known for huge clouds but Iam getting epic clouds with the stingray

Waiting for the Zenith V2 personally.

Why oh why is there never any stock anywhere, grr.

Brass stingray clone arrived, happy little surprise when i got home from work today. I had to strip this down & wash everything, machine oil abundant !
Good points for me apart from it being a pleasure to see. The locking ring spins like a wizard (If you've ever seen a wizard spin you'll know exactly what i mean), one flick & it's home. It does hit really well, less wasted flavour for me. The drip tip almost makes my IGO T look expensive ! (But not quite)
Irritations... On the one hand, the floating top pin's wide contact is good for not digging in battery tops but it also means that my flat top 18650's will only fire positive side down (No big deal) & with a magnetic spacer to the switch contact because the contact there is quite broad.
Looks like it shouldn't be an issue with nipple top batteries.

Overall though it is a pleasure to use, & use it i will until it wears out !.. If i'm still alive then.

What batteries are you using vaporsizer ? just tried mine with Sony, Panasonic and Efest flat tops and all work o.k.

i use an inverted flat top efest too...i find the larger contact point on the switch base can just catch a bit of the battery wrap on the base therefor not the best contact whereas inverted it contacts nicely :)

What batteries are you using @vaporsizer ? just tried mine with Sony, Panasonic and Efest flat tops and all work o.k.

These...
p633.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The wrap is like double thick on the top, means the contact sits below it.

Nuvver quick point, my 18650 extension tube ,the top threads need bedding in because the top cap is not going in as buttery as on the other two tubes. Could just be sharp new threads but i've already had to use a rubber grip to free it. I'll have to exercise it a bit i reckon. Not a deal breaker though.

i use an inverted flat top efest too...i find the larger contact point on the switch base can just catch a bit of the battery wrap on the base therefor not the best contact whereas inverted it contacts nicely :)

Only have Efest 18350 V1's Just tried both ways round but seems the same to me:19:

mine are v2's and if you hold the switch to the battery base you can see how tight it is...its like the vela that requires the same wrap to stop it continuously firing :(

@ vaporsizer They look the same as my Panasonic ones but would guess the Torchy wrap makes the difference.

Back
Top Bottom