What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

POTV Gentleman's Snusing Circle - Opening soon :D

@Lord Grim -What? What?

Just go into any grocery store, kiosk or gas station and say: I want SNUS!

They usually have all the tobacco behind the counter. In stores you ask the cashier for help, since it is sold at that point or via vendor machines after the cashier. At the gas station -look behind the cashier and you see a fridge full of snus, then glare at the cashier and shout SNUS! Pointing helps.

Last edited:
Lmao, Thank You. I, being a timid Englishman who is afraid of offending anyone, especially foreign people (everyone is foreign to an Englishman, even in their own country!) I just looked at the cigarette counter and thought..."Ok, no Snus, move along". :D I'll be sure to ask on the return leg.

Lmao, Thank You. I, being a timid Englishman who is afraid of offending anyone, especially foreign people (everyone is foreign to an Englishman, even in their own country!) I just looked at the cigarette counter and thought..."Ok, no Snus, move along". :D I'll be sure to ask on the return leg.

No need to fear offending anyone here. If you talk english, they are ok with that since most of us know it well (we study it in school at an early age) and we dont get offended by tourists. They are tourists after all! If you dont want to talk just make a sign by pinching your thumb and index finger together and make a half circle motion like you are placing something under your lip -they will know...
As you conclude your first purchase of snus, you will thereafter always know where the snus is...
The further north in Sweden you are, the less you need to say. Use the sign language as stated above or just go to the cashier and say "snus". The cashier will probably say something like "vilken" (which one) and you can either point or say a brand if you know it (grov, ettan and general are good ones). Oh, but say "portion" otherwise they assume you will have the loose snus... can be a bummer if you are not used to that... kind of... -lets just say that it can be a messy affair... and might include vomiting!
As you travel south, you need more words (but "snus", pointing and "portion" will serve you well most everywhere) so try to learn the brand name before you reach Stockholm. They can be a bit posh over there.

Good luck and hope you get a good view of Sweden during your trip!

:D

Last edited:
As you conclude your first purchase of snus, you will thereafter always know where the snus is...
The further north in Sweden you are, the less you need to say. Just go in, say snus. The cashier will probably say something like "vilken" (which one) and you can either point or say a brand if you know it (grov, ettan and general are good ones). Oh, but say "portion" otherwise they assume you will have the loose snus... can be a bummer if you are not used to that... kind of... a messy affair...
As you travel south, you need more words (but "snus", pointing and "portion" will serve you good most everywhere) so try to learn the brand name before you reach Stockholm.

Good luck and hope you get a good view of Sweden during your trip!

Or just take Niked along with you :lol1:

Right then, i think it's about time I put an order in to Northerner to try some of this - what are peoples recommendations? I was thinking a liquorice may be nice as its a flavour I like already, but i'm open to suggestions so i can give it a go.

Back
Top Bottom