What's new

Leave smokers alone

Status
Not open for further replies.
tinfoil_wave.jpg
Is this from Bacofoil's new spring range? ;)

I was under the impression this was just some tinfoil poking fun here and there :p Don't take it personal, it's just with a lot of the corruption behind the Tobacco Product Directives and whos got who in each others pockets, long term vapers are getting suspicious of people, especially when they attack our..."behavior" like it is something appalling or unnatural. No ones really gone personal and everyone is entitled to their own opinions, which does do our community a lot of favours :P If it weren't for the friendly banter back n forth, even during disagreements, we would be one very boring forum.
We'll have to agree to disagree on what is considered personal then, not that you were involved personally because the tin foil stuff is indeed friendly banter. I never said anything about 'appalling or unnatural' behaviour... many normal and natural behaviours can be taken to extremes.

It's pointless me saying anything else because I'll just have more words put into my mouth or have some other phrase misinterpreted. But it's been educational.

All the best.

I'm very aware of the business implications and standard political corrupting involved in this issue. I didn't say they were small, I say 'relatively small' as in by comparison to the number of smokers and non-smokers. Using the 1.3m figure there are around 9x as many smokers as vapers and of course a lot of them will be using the cigarette replicants that don't necessarily produce the clouds we are talking about. I think it's accurate and true to call 10% relatively small, I did say growing and the percentage of people with PVs using high VG mixes will be a lot lower. Very low... relatively speaking.

If anybody cares to read back through this thread they will see that at least some of my views are shared by a significant percentage of vapers (even on a vaping forum... I wonder how that translates to the wider population?) so enough of the personal attacks people because you are not doing your community any favours. I can see why some of the significant percentage of others perhaps don't feel motivated to engage, considering the misrepresentation of what I've been saying and paranoid and personal accusations. I've taken a lot from this thread though so all in all it's been a positive learning experience.

Toodle pip.

Slainte.

You show your ignorance yet again by including smokers in your 'relatively small' comparison... vapers are not 10% of smokers, vapers are 100% of vapers, or have smokers suddenly been allowed to blow their own particular brand of cloud in enclosed public spaces again?

Another Freudian slip 'your community'.. if you were one of us you wouldn't think of it as 'your' community, you'd think of it as 'our' community.

If you're starting to take this personally, then could I suggest you act on your 'positive learning experience' and stop posting bullshit retorts using your made up 'data' (another popular anti tactic btw) and stop trolling.

If you're happy to chip away at what small amount of integrity you have left, then carry on.

:D

You show your ignorance yet again by including smokers in your 'relatively small' comparison... vapers are not 10% of smokers, vapers are 100% of vapers, or have smokers suddenly been allowed to blow their own particular brand of cloud in enclosed public spaces again?

Another Freudian slip 'your community'.. if you were one of us you wouldn't think of it as 'your' community, you'd think of it as 'our' community.

If you're starting to take this personally, then could I suggest you act on your 'positive learning experience' and stop posting bullshit retorts using your made up 'data' (another popular anti tactic btw) and stop trolling.

If you're happy to chip away at what small amount of integrity you have left, then carry on.

It's important to understand the context of a statement and the relevance of a comparison before shouting your mouth off. Inside or outside an establishment, that comparison has context.

Good bye.

It's important to understand the context of a statement and the relevance of a comparison before shouting your mouth off. Inside or outside an establishment, that comparison has context.

Good bye.
Only in your ill informed and narrow minded viewpoint.. you represent vapers as being 10% of a group to which they don't belong.

Maybe YOU should examine the context before you try to represent false associations?

Only in your ill informed and narrow minded viewpoint.. you represent vapers as being 10% of a group to which they don't belong.

Maybe YOU should examine the context before you try to represent false associations?

Which they don't belong? Hmm, you must be a plant.... which would explain why you have the comprehension skills of a cabbage.

Which they don't belong? Hmm, you must be a plant.... which would explain why you have the comprehension skills of a cabbage.

Ooh the troll's back.

I thought you were leaving?

My comprehension skills are fine thank you.

"there are around 9x as many smokers as vapers and of course a lot of them will be using the cigarette replicants that don't necessarily produce the clouds we are talking about. I think it's accurate and true to call 10% relatively small"

Are you denying that you wrote this (lol) and thereby implied that vapers make up 10% of a larger group which you call smokers?

If you had the even first clue, you'd recognise the fact that vapers aren't smokers.. the only ones attempting to reinforce that particular piece of misinformation are the vested financial interests that are losing money hand over fist as people switch to vaping.

Which one of these is it that you represent again?

Last edited:
Ooh the troll's back.

I thought you were leaving?

My comprehension skills are fine thank you.

"there are around 9x as many smokers as vapers and of course a lot of them will be using the cigarette replicants that don't necessarily produce the clouds we are talking about. I think it's accurate and true to call 10% relatively small"

Are you denying that you wrote this (lol) and thereby implied that vapers make up 10% of a larger group which you call smokers?

If you had the even first clue, you'd recognise the fact that vapers aren't smokers.. the only ones attempting to reinforce that particular piece of misinformation are the vested financial interests that are losing money hand over fist as people switch to vaping.

Which one of these is it that you represent again?

As I said, you lack basic reading comprehension skills. I did actually lol at you quoting that, thinking that it meant what you imagine. Thanks for the laugh.

Vapers inhale evaporated liquid, smokers inhale the smoke from combustion.

Vapers, by the very action of their habit cannot BE smokers unless thet are actually smoking at the time.

I think you need to redress your own comprehension skills because you clearly do not comprehend the difference between combustion and evaporation.

As I said, you lack basic reading comprehension skills. I did actually lol at you quoting that, thinking that it meant what you imagine. Thanks for the laugh.

I think that you either lack basic writing composition skills, or were making a deliberate attempt to lump vaping in with smoking.

Either way, it's a fail on your part.

Run along now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom