What's new

Leave smokers alone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering the growing, but relatively small, number of users of vaping devices the questions people will ask themselves when considering whether to allow or to continue to allow vaping will not be based on your behaviour,

Sorry, I don't know you and haven't really had time to delve deeply into your posts ..... But vapers have been through a long and unfair period were "Health" experts and "concerned" officials have spent time "considering whether to allow or to continue to allow vaping" based on reports from industries that are losing money because of vaping. Industries that these "experts" "officials" rely on for their future careers?

We don't think they have the right to be "considering whether to allow or to continue to allow vaping".

They have come at us from every possible angle and they are still inventing new angles to crush their competition..... us vapers ......, so don't be surprised at getting an ear bashing when you knowingly or unknowingly start talking about cloud of vapour being our downfall .... are you making this point based on the fact that you keep seeing inconsiderate vapers in enclosed public spaces blowing volumes of thick vapour over everyone or because it sounded a good example for your point?

Don't feed the trolls...The Artful Regster is a troll!

restrictionkills.jpg

Last edited:
YES, vapers should respect the wishes of establishment owners and if they don't want vaping on their premises, vapers should respect this. If an owner allows vaping, then they should be prepared to stand by that acceptance. If they don't, then fine.. the vaper needs to find an owner who will and take their custom there.
And on the basis of that encounter the next people might be told that it's not allowed, whereas thousands of people over the course of a year would have been allowed to quench their nicotine addiction without going out in the rain with the smokers. An incredibly short sighted and selfish course of action that will undoubtedly limit the number of vaping venues out there.

Or do you think that manager is going to keep getting hassle on busy nights dealing with something ad infinitum they simply do not have to deal with if they said no?

And as I said... we can't always chose where we take our business. Maybe you'll be on your crusade and get vaping banned at some place you end up attending a wake or reception at. Just when you or somebody else could most have used the comfort, somebody like you or somebody else could have prevented them from doing so.

Worse than that, the inevitable conclusion after one, two or a table full of crusaders gets vaping banned from an establishment is that some very recent ex-smoker turned vaper has to be at that place via a necessary engagement, find themselves trying to vape outside, smoke a fag instead and die of lung cancer after returning to the fags. Try to think of the big picture.... of large numbers and probability.... this is a very realistic proposition.

I'm personally not a big fan of killing people unnecessarily, but this is certainly murder you would get away with if that floats your boat.

And on the basis of that encounter the next people might be told that it's not allowed, whereas thousands of people over the course of a year would have been allowed to quench their nicotine addiction without going out in the rain with the smokers. An incredibly short sighted and selfish course of action that will undoubtedly limit the number of vaping venues out there.

Or do you think that manager is going to keep getting hassle on busy nights dealing with something ad infinitum they simply do not have to deal with if they said no?

And as I said... we can't always chose where we take our business. Maybe you'll be on your crusade and get vaping banned at some place you end up attending a wake or reception at. Just when you or somebody else could most have used the comfort, somebody like you or somebody else could have prevented them from doing so.

Worse than that, the inevitable conclusion after one, two or a table full of crusaders gets vaping banned from an establishment is that some very recent ex-smoker turned vaper has to be at that place via a necessary engagement, find themselves trying to vape outside, smoke a fag instead and die of lung cancer after returning to the fags. Try to think of the big picture.... of large numbers and probability.... this is a very realistic proposition.

I'm personally not a big fan of killing people unnecessarily, but this is certainly murder you would get away with if that floats your boat.

A post littered with typical anti smoking lobbyist terminology... quelle suprise.

Oh.. and if that manager thinks it makes sense to turn down the custom of 'thousands of people', then perhaps they are the short sighted one. Their vape friendly competitors would probably be grateful for the custom though.

:D

I think it's time the good people of POTV took pity on this poor unfortunate being it is clear his only functioning genitalia protrudes from his forehead...
As if that wouldn't get you enough attention he feels the need to play out his emptiness and craving for attention here instead of looking up a family member and claiming that long lost hug......
Take pity kind vapors this poor chap is deeply damaged and alone. :violin:

I'm starting to agree with others sentiments here, you seem convinced that all vapers are a set of inconsiderate pricks and its your personal task to show them the error of their ways.

Based on your posts here, all I can say is your both an idiot and have no clue about both people and the subject your banging on about.

Yes, as we keep saying, we wish to vape how we please, BUT, we are not narrow minded enough to be unable to make rational decisions based on our own personal situation and location.

Please, with the greatest of respect, and understand that I have again assessed the situation and concluded this is the right course of action, fuck off!

Considering the growing, but relatively small, number of users of vaping devices the questions people will ask themselves when considering whether to allow or to continue to allow vaping will not be based on your behaviour,

Relatively small? 1.3million in the UK alone with estimates of nearly 50k a month taking up vaping? In 3 months time there are more vapers than people dying from cancer and other smoke related illnesses every year...

When tobacco and NRT companies are reporting quarterly losses of up to 12% and estimates of vapers is rising by the same amount (sometimes far exceeding it) Those numbers are not small by any means and to assume they are small and imply that is irrelevant in the larger scheme of things shows how blinded you are to the enormity of this public health movement.

Were not just fighting for OUR rights to vape, but for every smoker, ex smoker and thinking of being a smoker out there. This is not about our personal agenda's only. We have millions of people world wide that we want to help save and Big Pharma, Big Tobacco and ignorant Politicians are bending over backwards to prevent that to protect their OWN money fueled agendas.

Relatively small? 1.3million in the UK alone with estimates of nearly 50k a month taking up vaping? In 3 months time there are more vapers than people dying from cancer and other smoke related illnesses every year...

When tobacco and NRT companies are reporting quarterly losses of up to 12% and estimates of vapers is rising by the same amount (sometimes far exceeding it) Those numbers are not small by any means and to assume they are small and imply that is irrelevant in the larger scheme of things shows how blinded you are to the enormity of this public health movement.

Were not just fighting for OUR rights to vape, but for every smoker, ex smoker and thinking of being a smoker out there. This is not about our personal agenda's only. We have millions of people world wide that we want to help save and Big Pharma, Big Tobacco and ignorant Politicians are bending over backwards to prevent that to protect their OWN money fueled agendas.
I'm very aware of the business implications and standard political corrupting involved in this issue. I didn't say they were small, I say 'relatively small' as in by comparison to the number of smokers and non-smokers. Using the 1.3m figure there are around 9x as many smokers as vapers and of course a lot of them will be using the cigarette replicants that don't necessarily produce the clouds we are talking about. I think it's accurate and true to call 10% relatively small, I did say growing and the percentage of people with PVs using high VG mixes will be a lot lower. Very low... relatively speaking.

If anybody cares to read back through this thread they will see that at least some of my views are shared by a significant percentage of vapers (even on a vaping forum... I wonder how that translates to the wider population?) so enough of the personal attacks people because you are not doing your community any favours. I can see why some of the significant percentage of others perhaps don't feel motivated to engage, considering the misrepresentation of what I've been saying and paranoid and personal accusations. I've taken a lot from this thread though so all in all it's been a positive learning experience.

Toodle pip.

Slainte.

I was under the impression this was just some tinfoil poking fun here and there :p Don't take it personal, it's just with a lot of the corruption behind the Tobacco Product Directives and whos got who in each others pockets, long term vapers are getting suspicious of people, especially when they attack our..."behavior" like it is something appalling or unnatural. No ones really gone personal and everyone is entitled to their own opinions, which does do our community a lot of favours :P If it weren't for the friendly banter back n forth, even during disagreements, we would be one very boring forum.

063d6c47ac7144738fedae535601581b_2.jpg

tinfoil_wave.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom