What's new

Review Turtle Ship Clone

the jester

Achiever
hi everyone,

2nd mod that came in the post today was the Turtle Ship clone, again from Nige at Vapoursaints on facebook, linky at the end of the review.

This mod is available in both full brass and full SS finish or buy both for a mix and match set.

The mod was purchased with my own (or kids) money.

This mod was £30 plus £4.10 recorded delivery. This was family or friends option, speak to nige for price with fees if you want added protection.

The Turtle Ship is a lovely mod, and i have to be honest if id not got it with the Stingray id be singing its praises even more.

It's a 22mm bottom spring firing mod.

It is about 8mm longer than the Stingray and when you take it apart you see one of the reasons why, big white delrin in the switch which is how you adjust this mod for battery rattle.

Top cap has adjustable pin with small slot from the top to adjust it.

Out of the box it is not as pleasing as the Stingray, straight away you can see that it needs work for it to look anything near as smart. The etchings whilst nice have that 'burnt' kind of look to them around the edges, passed experience i know these will clean up with some polishing. Again this my 'out-of-the-box' review of this mod.

This a brushed mod with a polished top cap so at some point it will be getting some serious polishing treatment. That's when the etchings will come to the fore :)

A pair of spare springs are included in the again lovely presentation box.

It is a really nice mod and with work will look great i'm sure of it. The problem again being that it came with the Stingray.

The Turtle Ship is £30 and the Stingray £35 and or me it is an absolute no brainer to spend the extra fiver and go for the Stingray.

Now for the pics :)

Out of the box :-

Freshly charged flat top efest battery :-

Same battery under load :- (Stingray 3.82)

So to sum this one up, with work it will look great, for me it NEEDS this work, others may settle for it how it is. :)

Any questions please ask.

Link for Nige at Vapoursaints :-

https://www.facebook.com/vapoursaints?fref=ts

Last edited:
good review again bud :) what etching is on the button and is it bigger than a nem?
edit: I see the button *facepalm* :D

the stingray is where the stealth is as its 1mm smaller than the paps clone :)

Back
Top Bottom