What's new

Review Stingray Clone from Vapoursaints

the jester

Achiever
Hi everyone,

As promised here is my review of the Stingray clone purchased with funds stolen from my kids piggy bank. :)

I purchased this and also the Turtle ship mod at the same time, please see seperate review or the Turtle ship.

Firstly this was purchased from Nige on Facebook, his page is called Vapoursaints. Link will be at the end of the review.

This is a 22mm bottom magnet firing mod.

The mod cost me £35 plus £4.10 for recorded delivery. This is paypal gift, fees need to be added to this if you want to pay by goods option :)

I must stress that this is NOT the full mod, the 18500 extension tube and drip tip were not ready in time so this is purely an 18350 or 18650 mod. However a drip tip was included in the box :)

This mod has a brass tube section with SS top cap, switch and locking ring, brass inlay in base of switch.

All the following pictures are straight from the box, i have not polished it yet, but as with all mods especially clones a nice quick rub over and clean of all parts is recommended and check for any swarf that maybe left in the tubes or on the threadings, this mod was clean as so no complaints on that score.

First impressions are great, lovely presentation box, nice and shiny mod, after the quick check over and wipe the bottom switch seemed a strange configuration til i realised it was magnets, then usually you have a delrin surrounding the bottom contact pin, now while this has the delrin the bottom contact sits on top of this, unscrewing the pin reveals the magnets.

The top cap has a floating pin...but again different to any other mod ive got or had in that it freely slips back and forth in the top cap when no battery is in.

The throw of the switch seems to be adjustable but again i just put a battery in and took a vape, no adjustments needed and it has a lovely light, short throw with the flat top efest i used.

So now for some pics :)

Straight out of the box :-

With my scuba tank on top :-

Next to my Paps clone for 18350 size comparison, yes its 1mm small :)

Next to Turtle Ship, again in 18350 :-

Freshly charged 18350 flat top efest :-

Same battery under load :- (paps 3.58...turtle ship 3.73)

If anyone has any questions please just ask :)

Link for Nige on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/vapoursaints?fref=ts

Last edited:
Nice review buddy :) Thanks for doing a voltage drop test I've been wondering about how much they dropped!

Nige just got back to me so I'll be expecting mine on Monday! Always better when you get a good peek at what you're getting beforehand.

whit77 He does yes! But he gives his facebook followers a heads up, first grabs opportunity.. Obviously cause it works out in his favour somewhat with ebay fees etc. I originally messaged him on ebay after a certain 22mm RDA, said when he gets them in his fb followers will get priority before they go on ebay :)

Nice reveiw bud, think the stingray is next on my shopping list.

shame on the tube part being delayed plus the DT is matching i believe. will you get them later to complete the set?

Nice reveiw bud, think the stingray is next on my shopping list.

shame on the tube part being delayed plus the DT is matching i believe. will you get them later to complete the set?

given what i was told a full clone mod cost i believe the price was set accordingly but i could be wrong, they are due in a couple of weeks so when i find out more ill update the thread :)...for me it wasnt important as only use 18350 and to be air its one less tube....people will think im a bleeding plumber theres that many spare tubes ;) hehe

geek at fasttech says they will have them soon :D

ah yes but soon isnt vaping on one right now is it? ;)

will be at least a month if your waiting on ft...personally that extra little premium is worth it to have it now :)

Back
Top Bottom