What's new

Kraken issues...

mrHAIRYface

Postman
Right just coiled my kraken with .32mm kanthal, with mesh and ekowool, came in at .9 ohms quenched and oxidised my wick, flamed my ekowool, and I got a weird taste, not burnt but more of what I can only describe as a silica/ekowool taste, first coil, the bottom wasn't fully on the ekowool, so re wrapped again this time with .20mm kanthal, made sure all the coil was on the ekowool but still the same taste, its so strange as I coiled the AGA T2 no problems with mesh an ekowool, thoughts?

Personally I cannot get on with ekowool in anything. it tastes like damp in any device I have tried.

My Kraken is setup just using cotton wool although I have a couple of hundred metres of cotton yarn coming hopefully tomorrow and that will go in to replace the wool.

Damp that's it, but then my bro in law uses it and it works great for him and it works great in my aga, just can't seem to understand why not in the kraken :/

I've checked all the wicking stuff on that page and mine looks nothing like any of it :(

Has anyone used cotton here? Like actual cotton wool? I think I'm so use to using that everything else just tastes weird just been in the kitchen, tried ekowool a d mesh earlier then got rid of the ekowool, tried with just mesh, still weird taste then tried just ekowool with a microcoil, a little better but still bad taste, I've had cotton in the kraken before, worked well just didn't wick as quick as mesh, have cotton with microcoil in my fogger, quality vape, but then in my aga I used mesh and ekowool and it tastes alrite no weird bad taste, does this happen with atties? One wick method not working as well in different gennies?

Maybe its not your wick but the Kraken atty giving the weird flavour.

Depending on the supplier some of them are smothered in machine oil which gives a nasty taste.

Have you gave it a thorough clean and soaked in some vodka as that helps.

Majority of people seem to prefer Ekowool so dont understand why that would be giving the bad taste.

Back
Top Bottom