What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Review Protank 3

simonsays

Achiever
So, I left the house yesterday with my mech mod and spare batteries but minus my brace of kfl's that have fulfilled all my vaping needs for the last few weeks.

Bugger.

Not wanting to spend the day with a supermarket cig-alike I called into my local branch of ecigwizard and picked up the only 510 clearo they had which was PT 3 and a bottle of juice.

Filled up in the shop and took a lug. All good.

Decent looking build quality, reasonable looks. Vapour production was good and flavour was okay. Not as good as my kfl but okay nontheless. Well that was my experience for the first two minutes.

Gurgle, gurgle. Flood. Juice in mouth. Blow through into tissue. Vape for two minutes them repeat the whole process.

I changed the coil for the spare. No improvement.

What a piece of crap. Not only was I having to blow through the atty to make it work but I also had to repeatedly take my mod apart to get the juice out of it.

When I finally got home after leaving a trail of moist bits of kleenex behind me. I drained it and took a good look at it. All of the o rings looked okay and everything seemed well screwed together. I had a good look at the coil head and after a thoughtful pause, added a few strands of silica wick on top before replacing the post. This seems to have stopped it flooding but has muted the flavour a bit.

This was not a cheap bit of kit. Twenty quid to buy it in store. And in its stock form was virtually unusable.

It's going in the spares box to gather dust.

The only positive to come out of the day was discovering kentucky bluegrass ejuice. Really, really tasty.

Last edited:
By way of a little update.......

I decided against consigning this to the spares box and persevered a bit with it. I removed one of the three strands of silica wick that I'd added and this improved the flavour a fair bit. It all gurgles a bit for the first few tokes of the day but soon settles down. Now the coil has had a tank though it it seems to have bedded in an bit and is performing much better. Not in the same league as a dripper or a good RBA but okay for an evening out on a small VV device.

Heard lots of people with the same issues. I've been using protank 2 mini and works great that's why I bought today the protank 3 I haven't used it yet so will see how it works but if it does half well as the mini I will be very pleased.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

I've had absolutely no problem with my pt 3. it has the stock coil, and so far is performing on par with my evods. its still airy but im ok with that, can cover an air hole or 2 to tighten it up. I may have been lucky lol.

Back
Top Bottom