What's new

Review Hcigar Kylin Mech Mod

Do they NEED protection? No. Though For any mech its probably advisable to use a protected battery. There are penny fuses (not a penny, but cheap) that can be used to protect an unprotected battery. But common sense is enough to say that when you feel the atty is no longer giving its best, its time to change batteries. I have been using mechs with unprotected batteries for ages with no issues whatsoever. I don't use a kick and never have yet so can't say anything either way on pros and cons.

edit- I would say that if you don't already have batteries, then buy protected batteries for the mech you are getting. But if you already have unprotected then just use them. The mech of choice can mean some batteries fit better than others.as an example, Flat top unprotected fit the hammer mech better than button tops or either of my two protected batteries (similar in height to an unprotected button top despite being flats).

Last edited:
I don't use any protection on my mod,as the taste of the juice alerts you to anything untoward,from drying wick in drippers to weaker flavour,cooler vapours etc.

Do they NEED protection? No. Though For any mech its probably advisable to use a protected battery. There are penny fuses (not a penny, but cheap) that can be used to protect an unprotected battery. But common sense is enough to say that when you feel the atty is no longer giving its best, its time to change batteries. I have been using mechs with unprotected batteries for ages with no issues whatsoever. I don't use a kick and never have yet so can't say anything either way on pros and cons.

edit- I would say that if you don't already have batteries, then buy protected batteries for the mech you are getting. But if you already have unprotected then just use them. The mech of choice can mean some batteries fit better than others.as an example, Flat top unprotected fit the hammer mech better than button tops or either of my two protected batteries (similar in height to an unprotected button top despite being flats).

Thanks Diablo, that clears that up for me, woohoo, this Pisces clone from Vape geek comes with a battery, but I guess for the sake of a tenner it's worth getting a branded...

Sent from my HTC One using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Thanks Diablo, that clears that up for me, woohoo, this Pisces clone from Vape geek comes with a battery, but I guess for the sake of a tenner it's worth getting a branded...

It comes with a AW IMR branded 18490 battery, you cant get many better batteries than those! You wont regret this mod, its amazing :)

It comes with a AW IMR branded 18490 battery, you cant get many better batteries than those! You wont regret this mod, its amazing :)

Thanks AndyC1971 SOLD haha, just calling my bank manager for an appointment, damn you Santa Claus.....

I got this as well as a n xmas prezzie, came from Vape Geek and with my IGO L on it, its perfect for dripping and stealthing, just need a smaller drip tip.

Its a quality piece, the button is silky smooth as are all the threads, its not too heavy and small enough that it hides in the palm of your hand :)

cant say i like the body shape on mine to be fair but the switch is lovely and NEVER misses...EVER :)...and yes dinky for an 18500 :)

Old thread but just wanted confirmation since has been stated that it's not a float able 510 connector but all places that sell it state it to anyone with one are you sure it's not just a bit stiff at first and is a float able? Wishing to purchase but if not adjustable that's me out.

Old thread but just wanted confirmation since has been stated that it's not a float able 510 connector but all places that sell it state it to anyone with one are you sure it's not just a bit stiff at first and is a float able? Wishing to purchase but if not adjustable that's me out.

As far as I'm aware they are floating pins and as you say just stiff, mine was not a hcigar but definitely a floating pin.

Back
Top Bottom