Vape Superstore
What's new

Important safety information!

Tubbyengineer

Legend
It's just come to my attention that some people are having trouble with Ohms checkers. To Clarify matters here's the lowdown on what they mean..

0.0 This reading indicates a dead short, do not use the coil until you have rectified the problem
9.9 This reading will be displayed on box type Ohms checkers if the coil is broken or the atty does not make a connection
Lo This usually appears on VV/VW mods when the coil is shorted or of too low a resistance for the mod to handle
Hi This usually appears on VV/VW mods when the coil is broken or the atty is not making a connection

Other error messages may appear on VV/VW mods, please check your Mods manual / user instructions

If Using a multimeter to check coil resistance please ensure that the leads are plugged into the correct sockets (some meters have a seperate socket for resistance) and that the range is set to the lowest appropriate range. Before testing touch the meter probes together and ensure that the reading is 0.0, if it is not, replace the battery in your meter and try again or use a different meter. It is also good practice to take the reading from the threads and centre pin where your atty and mod will connect rather than from the coil terminals.

Vape safe peep's...

Last edited:
The Electronic Cigarette Company
Vape Green
Vape Club
And so we return to the dead parrot sketch.

</thread>

AcmeFog
It's just come to my attention that some people are having trouble with Ohms checkers. To Clarify matters here's the lowdown on what they mean..

0.0 This reading indicates a dead short, do not use the coil until you have rectified the problem
9.9 This reading will be displayed on box type Ohms checkers if the coil is broken or the atty does not make a connection
Lo This usually appears on VV/VW mods when the coil is shorted or of too low a resistance for the mod to handle
Hi This usually appears on VV/VW mods when the coil is broken or the atty is not making a connection

Other error messages may appear on VV/VW mods, please check your Mods manual / user instructions

If Using a multimeter to check coil resistance please ensure that the leads are plugged into the correct sockets (some meters have a seperate socket for resistance) and that the range is set to the lowest appropriate range. Before testing touch the meter probes together and ensure that the reading is 0.0, if it is not, replace the battery in your meter and try again or use a different meter. It is also good practice to take the reading from the threads and centre pin where your atty and mod will connect rather than from the coil terminals.

Vape safe peep's...

Bloody hell - I could have done with this a few weeks back but I never come in here! Thank you! :)

Premier Ecigs
Back
Top Bottom