What's new

Review FastTech Pisces vs. J2P's Pisces

Mawsley

Putting the soup into super hero
Disclaimer: I packed my own bags, I know their full contents, I am aware of the importation regulations and have never been a paid-up member of the Communist Party although I have looked at their website (and have a book about Marx). I wrote all the words, both devices were paid for and POTV do not have any responsibility for this or the seventeen pounds of cocaine sellotaped to my stomach.

All The Small Things

Full review here

j2pvsft.jpg

Do you remember World Of Sport?

Of course you don’t, most of you are American and the rest of you are either too young or suffering from a minor brain trauma otherwise you wouldn’t be reading this review.

World Of Sport was great.

After Banana Splits had finished on a Saturday morning on it would come to bring a wealth of obscure sports into our lives: Cycling, strong men pulling and lifting things (that a normal person would look at and leave for someone else to deal with) and wrestling. Aha, you say, I know what wrestling is.

So here we have it, only in place of flab we have slight – it’s like a fight between two kids in the playground, they’re so diddy.

Just like the fight in the playground, one of them will come from richer parents and there’ll be a group of people hoping one of the kids kicks the other’s arse before a teacher runs over shouting “Watch out! Paedophile!” to get their attention and break it up.

And there’ll be a fat kid eating sweets.

I’ll be playing that role in this:

price.jpg

The J2P Pisces originated from SHMOvapes, retailing at a princely £105.00 plus postage. I say originated because my little Vape Fairy got it third hand from the UK Vapers forum. I’m now owner No.3 of serial number 68 (68 being a happy number in Maths…the continual sum of the squares of its digits resulting in 1)

In the other corner is the Pisces clone, sold by FastTech for about £10 and shipped for free. This means I can do some quick mental maths and tell you that the difference in the prices is, give or take international currency rigging (by corrupt bankers who should have their heads shoved up Fat Daddy’s arse) ninety-five, and 95 was a really shit version of Windows. Like all the other versions of Windows.

pisces_sisters6.jpg

The clone is nice enough. Plain, but some go for plain. It matches the original’s Danny DeVito proportions but unfortunately also includes a bit of the man himself with a slightly chubbier girth. Then there’s the gaps above and below the central piece. It could be that this doesn’t bother you but it fair annoyed me – it’s a gap.

The pins are part of the look and the J2P, after a little dunk in lemon juice are a lovely pink copper. Like an attractive redhead. Like Lindsay Lohan in Herbie Fully Loaded. Then there’s the blandness of the clone, the nothingness of a the tube, the absence of anything other than its stature that is remarkable.

On the other hand you pay hand over fist for the J2P to have those gorgeous fishes. Deep engravings on the button along with the words “Pisces T” and the (in this case) happy serial number. The engravings are continued on the central tube section that snuggles up to the extending tubes whereas the gap on the clone is something you could drop a couple of anchovies into.

pisces3.jpg

Is it worth it?

What is anything worth?

It’s only worth what someone is willing to pay for it and it’s worth it to me. I like Pinoy mods and I really like mods that are something different to the flat tubes which are omni-present these days.

It’s not the best hitting mod I own but it is the smallest and sometimes lugging around an MCV Panzer isn’t an option. It outperformed all the clones in my test and looks good.

For reasons know only to itself, Wordpress keeps reformatting my reviews. It has now been made readable again.

YES the man is back!!!! Mawsley yet another great review. Grandstand, the motor scrambling, and Mick McManus did it for me.

Based solely on this and the (deleted) full review, I have purchased an original pisces t
from shmovapes and am eagerly awaiting its arrival......(I should not be allowed internet access whilst drunk).....

Based solely on this and the (deleted) full review, I have purchased an original pisces t
from shmovapes and am eagerly awaiting its arrival......(I should not be allowed internet access whilst drunk).....

It's a lovely dinky thing. I prefer the two-tone for aesthetic reasons but the original is now a bargain at £85.

Back
Top Bottom