What's new

Another question kayfun rebuild ohms problem

Push the wicks up the chimney before you screw it down (lower section of chimney) then push wicks down towards the base.....no pressure on the coil and no trapped wicks that way.

It sounds like you need to strip down and rebuild your Kayfun, paying particular attention to the centre post and positive connection block. I'd also advise against using Kanthal ribbon in the Kayfun, there simply isn't enough room unless you're running 4 turns or less. It would help if you could post a photo of your build too...

I could be wrong but if the chimney is shorting it out then you will not get a reading at all or an error message. I would make sure that the terminal screws are as tight as possible to start with once you have placed your coil and wick in. Not sure what your method is but I would carefully and slowly break any surplus wire off of the tails with a pair of tweezers, so many times I see people yanking it around with their fingers which imho is not a good practice. It can so easily lead to the wire becoming loose on the terminals, and this is more prone to happen when using a thicker wire. I am not telling you how to suck eggs, but just take care to double check the spacing of the wraps on the underside of the wick, it might look fine from above but once you start pushing the wick down in, it can be easy for one or maybe more of the wraps to come in contact with each other if they are to close together.

Last edited:
the ohms are changing without putting the chimney on mate did you check out the picks in my last post

You have a similar set up to me mate, I've got an mvp2 I use for checking resistance, and a hcigar kf 3.1. It's possible the positive pin on the mvp2 has been pushed down so that it is not making good contact with the pos connector on your kayfun. I use a flat head screwdriver to gently tease the mvp2 positive pin upwards, going from one side of the pin to the other to raise it. Can't see your pics you attached above, I think you may have to use the Advanced posting option and attach them, maybe in the Manage Attachment section (I remember others having issues, but I use external hosting for images I post so not too sure on this).

If the ohms are changing without you putting the chimney on then you have a loose connection most likely.

Make sure that when you put the coil into place it's not touching the deck at all and there is clearance between it and the underside of the coil. Make sure that all the screws holding the coil in place are firmly tightened.

When I coil my Kayfun I make sure the legs from the coil run from the bottom of the coil to the posts, that way I know the coil is off the deck. Also make sure when you trim the excess wire that you get it all and there is no stray wire from the post to the opposing column.

Of course if you have had a lot of shorts you may have melted the insulators under the columns worth checking them and making sure everything is tightened down.

Last edited:
have you tried undoing the screw on the 510 connector on the atty to adjust it ? as far as I can remember this screw does NOT adjust the reach on the atty it only loosens the positive connection. If you have tried adjusting this screw you will have moved the positive post and it will need re-seating properly. If this is wrong info somebody please correct me :)

I have unscrewed the connector on the bottom as I had the dame problem as you I think that could be my problem how is that fixed I thought it would adjust the reach but found out I needed to pull the pin upwards from the mvp 2 it has to be something along these lines as my clearomiser is staying at 2.0 ohms how do you reseat it if u dont mind me asking

Back
Top Bottom