What's new

Another question kayfun rebuild ohms problem

Richi

Postman
I have rebuilt my kayfun 3.1 using my MVP 2.0 a couple of times and keep getting a problem, the ohms when testing stay at 1.6 once ive built it up piece by piece and refill the ohms start reading all crazy going as high as 4.0 then back down and up every time i check it, im stumped as to what to do ive followed every guide made sure the coils are perfect not touching the bottom not too tight it vapes perfect but the ohms keep changing?

also im not getting a burnt taste ect just worrying me as the ohms are changing alot higher never lower just higher

Have you had any other attys do this on the MVP?

Also make sure there is no juice leaking onto the 510 connector, this can send the readings scatty , done it to me once or twice, and make sure the 510 of the kayfun isnt too tight on the pin of the MVP, could be pushing it down too far, maybe try and adjust that up, it may be sat nicely when its not built, but as you tighten everything up, your inadvertantly screwing it further down onto the MVP pin

also im not getting a burnt taste ect just worrying me as the ohms are changing alot higher never lower just higher

have u tried testing the ohms after u have put the chimney in place? sometimes the coils might get shaken up when you are trying to screw the chimney on.. aft that.. generally it shouldn't... apart from that only other reason could be that the mvp ohm reader s screwed! have u tried reading ohms on any other device?

What wick do you use? If you overfill a kayfun with wick and the wick is through the coil then when you fit the chimney it can twist and pull the cool about.

Mason.

im using a 3m silica wick and kanthal to build up my kayfun, ive teste my i30 atty and its sticking at 2.0 with no flux at all staying the same

Sounds like your cimney shorting it. Whats it read on your mvp before u out cimney on then test again after so its in dripper style mode

will be checking shortly ill give u a reply but before chimney it read 1.2

You're shorting the coil out either on the chimney, or when you screw the chimney on it's pushing the coil down so that it contacts the deck. It might be that you're using slightly too much wicking material which is being grabbed by the chimney section as you tighten it on which moves the coil and can cause problems like these.

Instead of the power from the battery going through the coil and nought else and heating it up, it's going through the coil and some of the Kayfun too. so you're getting way less heat than you should.

when you rebuild it test the ohms before you put the chimney on. then screw that in place and test it agan. If it still says 1.5ohms (or whatever you built the coil as) it'll be fine from then on.

the other thing that happens sometimes is that you unscrew the top to fill it and in doing so unscrew the chimney a bit as well. (it helps to lube the little o-ring on the top part with e-liquid before screwing it on) some wicking materials can expand a bit when they get saturated ith e-liquid and press against the insides of the chimney, so unscrewing it slightly moves the coil about a bit and can cause shorts and high ohm readings and a poor vape after that.

Ive recoiled my flat kanthal wire yet the ohms start at say 1 ohm then after ive tested it the next fire it will read 2.8 ohm im completely at a loss maybe im coiling it wrong any ideas would be appreciated, this is without even putting the chimney on. Also ive watched countless amounts of videos on coiling, the coil seems tight not too tight though

Back
Top Bottom