What's new

Review Smoktech Magneto V3

My V2 had the same logos removed, and the ego cap was fine, as the atties usually cover anyway, and great for ego threaded devices ;)
Must admit, I feel slight sorrow for having sold my magneto on, it is an ace mod.
I found that even with an efest 18650, giants next to aw's, that I could have all the threads covered, but maybe I adjusted the top cap as well as the inner tube, as changing batteries, I found much quicker by taking the top cap off anyway, as opposed to removing the tube each time. I guess I have no issue either with screwing it all up solid either, so that the sprung loaded connector at the button was probably fully recessed.

It's very new...... I'm guessing the 'springiness' and me adjusting the top cap as you mention will cover those threads. TBH I was so damn excited I hadn't tried.

Actually, have you tried adjusting the connection post yet?

:oops::imstupid errrrrrrm no....... I have it in 18350 mode and that was the first time I'd put an 18650 in it. I was too keen to review it. Shiny things etc......... :noob:

Last edited:
No worries, it is all good ;) Just curious, wondering whether it is a floating pin or not.

No worries, it is all good ;) Just curious, wondering whether it is a floating pin or not.

It appears that way. If you adjust the screw the changes the height of the pin. I haven't found anything that won't fire yet and needs an adjustment but I don't have any RBA's (yet)

Very much enjoyed your review Martyn, Your enthusiasm is infectious!
I miss my mark1 magneto, a solid little mod with a great switch. Looks great in 18350 mode, I'd like to see it with the nautilus on top, those 2 seem like a good match.

Can I offer the tiniest piece of constructive criticism?
It bothers some people when a reviewer stares directly at the camera while he's taking a big vape.
If you watch Messrs Todd, Busardo and Bonner, they all break eye contact when vaping.

Very much enjoyed your review Martyn, Your enthusiasm is infectious!
I miss my mark1 magneto, a solid little mod with a great switch. Looks great in 18350 mode, I'd like to see it with the nautilus on top, those 2 seem like a good match.

Can I offer the tiniest piece of constructive criticism?
It bothers some people when a reviewer stares directly at the camera while he's taking a big vape.
If you watch Messrs Todd, Busardo and Bonner, they all break eye contact when vaping.

Great feedback thanks. What a tip about the staring. Of course, in my day job it's almost a criminal offence to break eye contact so it comes from that. I'll certainly change that from now on.

Also, I'll be pairing it up with a Nautilus in a forthcoming review of the Aspire tank. Stay tuned.

Thanks so much.

Martyn

PS.... just found out you can't like AND thank a post and I 'liked' first. A big thanks though too!

Last edited:
Just watched your review Martyn, good stuff! Only downside is it not fitting a kick at 18650, would have been nice to have that option. Will it fit protected 18650's in it? I'm a bit of a newby with mechs so will a fuse protect unprotected batteries from fully discharging?

Back
Top Bottom