What's new

POLL: E-smoker or Vaper?

Would you call yourself a Vaper or an E-Smoker?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Legend
One of the most frequent points of debate that I've seen over the last couple of years is the terminology describing what we do so I thought it would be interesting to have a poll.

Before you think the answer is an obvious one take a look at just SOME of the comments and arguments I've heard for each of the answers 1 and 2. Its not meant to be an exhaustive list of pros and cons and these just came from the top of my head. Feel free to add your own views.

View attachment 1217E-SMOKER

It feels like smoking, it looks like smoking, why change the name of what we do?
We are still smokers, just smoking in a better way
We call them e-cigs, electronic cigarettes, why not be e-smokers?
'Vaping' isnt understood
A familiar term is more attractive to smokers tempted to switch
I dont like the word 'vape' or 'vaper' or 'vaping' or 'vapouriser'

VAPER

View attachment 1218
It isnt smoke its vapour
We should distance ourselves from our former disgusting habit
Its unhelpful for our image to have references to smoke
'E-smoking' reinforces misinformation to the general public
So what if 'vaping' IS a new word?
By calling it vaping I'm more likely to be allowed to use it in a public place/pub etc

Personally i'm happy to describe myself as a vaper and what I do as vaping. I struggle with some of the terminology for our devices. I dislike the word 'personal vapouriser' as to me that sounds like something a lady might carry in her handbag to spray on her pulse points ;)
I therefore generally call them ecigs. I see valid arguments on both sides though. I can also see how over time, preferences may change as vaping hopefully becomes more mainstream. Really we are all recreational nicotine users but what a mouthful THAT is!

So I'm mixed. How about you?

Last edited:
Vaper ... the further we distance ourselves from the smokers ... hopefully the less hassle we will get ...

I do understand the need for cigalikes etc to get non smokers converting tho

I vape, I am vaping, not smoking. When I smoke, I am smoking, not vaping.

I'm Smvaping

I would call myself a Vaper i think, but i really don't think it matters as long as you're happy doing what you're doing and not smoking the stinkies :)

I use both terms in reality depending on who I am talking to. E-smoking works when talking to smokers and vaping works when talking to non/ex real fag smokers.

I like tooting as a verb to describe our activity as well :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom