What's new

Rewick vivi nova

NoodlesJoe

Postman
i will be having ago myself soon just need to get the gear
so is these any good and price for re-wicking the vivi?

Nichrome wire Cr20Ni80, diameter of 0,2 mm 13p per meter
Completion:
Nichrome wire Cr20Ni80, diameter of 0,2 mm.

Silica thread, diameter of 1,5 mm 58p per meter
Completion:
Silica thread, diameter of 1,5 mm.
Resistance - 62,3 Ohm/meter.

Silica thread, diameter of 2 mm 58p per meter
Completion
:
Silica thread, diameter of 2 mm.
Resistance - 34,9 Ohm/meter.

cheers NJ

I think Kanthal wire is preferred mate .. im not the one to ask tho to be honest .. just ordered the stuff myself and never done it

That sounds pretty good for wick but I'm not sure about the wier. As zombie said most of us are using kanthal wire. It's sounds cheap but I don't know the average price for nichrome. Sorry :)

another thing is do i need different thickness wires for different ohms?

What was the postage like from them? I've got a roll of .2 kanthal but am having trouble with it as the resistance seems to always come out too low for my provari to handle! I've got some thinner stuff which I get on better with. Or if anyone has some thinner kanthal and wants to swop...

I think the only difference between nic chrome and kanthal is that the former can stretch a little, apparently. I discovered this watching one of igetcha Scott's vids. I suppose if the wire stretches then it may move easier, not staying quite where you've carefully put it..and maybe then causing hot spots or even shorts. I don't really know. End of they day they both do the job. But like the other repliers I'm a noob with rebuildables.

If there is another advantage of kanthal I'd be interested to know what it is.

I think some people reported a metallic taste with nichrome but I have nicrome and kanthal....both are fine and decent wires

Back
Top Bottom