What's new

omega dripper issues

possiblevaper

Postman
this probably isnt limited to the omega but i'm getting mega harsh throat hit on this beast, obviously the air holes have to be near the coil which they are as the air holes dont move they are in the base, and i have built the dual coils as close to the air holes as i possibly can. so why is it so frickin harsh.

possibly 0.8ohm to too low for microcoil?
possibly i have too much cotton in? i dont think i do, doesnt seem to be burning.
coils too high? i've lowered them nearer the base next to air hole and no difference
played around with loosening and tightening air holes no difference (with holes fully open you have to do a straight to lung inhale as its just soooo airy but its too harsh to do this)
the airholes have to be practically closed to get a draw similar to a kayfun lol its crazy.

could try a single coil build and see how that is, but i bought this for the exact purpose to use dual coils.
also could try a standard dual coil silica build and go from there, but i want to use cotton microcoils lol.

picture shows my current build with arrows pointing out air holes

so i'm out of ideas
anybody got any?

Attachments

• omega build.JPG
    omega build.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 65
Just a suggestion on a vid I saw the air holes have to be completely free of the wick material,tell me to shut up if im being stupid,I think it was todds review of the omega I saw it on :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Just a suggestion on a vid I saw the air holes have to be completely free of the wick material,tell me to shut up if im being stupid,I think it was todds review of the omega I saw it on :)

ill give that a try thanks, kinda difficult to do with the positioning of the air holes, kinda wish they were a bit further round.

ill give that a try thanks, kinda difficult to do with the positioning of the air holes, kinda wish they were a bit further round.

Swap the positions of your coils over and then should have enough room to have open airholes

I.e in your pic move the top coil over to the left 2 posts and bottom coil over to the right 2 posts = clearer airholes :)

I.e in your pic move the top coil over to the left 2 posts and bottom coil over to the right 2 posts = clearer airholes :)

but then the coils wouldnt be next to the air holes so that would create big throat hit also. unless i'm wrong, i dont know, i always just thought that you had to get the coils as close to the airhole as possible

Have a watch of todds video on the omega,he does a good close up build

Have a watch of todds video on the omega,he does a good close up build

right i think ill try getting the coil a bit closer to the outside posts leaving the air hole clear, thanks for the video recommendation :)

right i think ill try getting the coil a bit closer to the outside posts leaving the air hole clear, thanks for the video recommendation :)

No probs buddy,hope you sort it :)

Is there no way of adjusting the position of the air holes? Coz they're in the wrong place imo.

Back
Top Bottom