What's new

Tanks that don't gurgle or constantly leak....do they actually exist?

Tobes

Postman
Hello folks.

After my heavy Vamo V2 decided to suddenly refuse to work with the 02 error code kiss of death,I decided to switch back to ego C Twists and change to tanks. I've been dripping on an igo-L for ages and it's hard work,especially at work ir when driving.

I'm a long time over the whole CE4/5 thing and so I bought an aspire dual coil bottom fed tank. After one day I took it back to the vendor due to it leaking into the battery,out through the threads and into my gob. I swapped it out for a Smok 3.5ml Vivi Nova-type tank and bloody hell....it's just as bad. So badly made and you can see that the seals just aren't thick enough to clamp down tight.

So,I just want to vape. I'm sick of having issues with every tank I buy and sunk to the lowly level of buying a pack of fags one day because of the leaking hell.

Can anybody recommend any reasonably priced tanks that won't piss liquid everywhere? Banging my head against a wall ;-)

Cheers,

Tobes

Do you want to stick with the semi-disposable changeable coil tanks or move up to a rebuildable?

Hi,

I'm happy to stick with building up coils for the igo and use it when there's a table in front of me. Apart from that I'll take more or less anything that'll hold at least 2.5ml and will seal well and produce a reasonable amount for f vapour. If there's a rebuildable out there that will seal well,I'm wide open to suggestions.

The taifun gs from vapegeek should do that and look pretty good on your spinner, if you're thinking of going back to something vamo-sized I'd echo the hcigar kayfun recommendation.

Otherwise, something like an evod is a pretty solid choice. You just have to pay attention to the seals and the extra wick on top of the coil. If it starts gurgling and leaking, you should probably add some more filler to keep excess liquid out of the chamber, and turn up the voltage a bit to compensate.

If you go down the evod road, though, you're going to have to budget for a new tank every so often as they do wear out. It's not a long term solution like a good rba.

Hth

One thing I do with any of my bottom coil clearomizers is when I finish vaping for the night is to remove them from the device (battery)
and stick em upside down in a holder of some sort with vapours towel (kitchen roll) underneath.
That stops the juice build up as the wicks are now out of the liquid and allows the condensate to flow out through the drip tip.
A quick blow (with more vapours towel underneath) in the morning and you are normally then good to go.

I find the iClear tanks 16/30 very reliable with no leaks (for me) and rarely any gurgling.

Just to add a little thought. Air pressure.
Most of my experience, with leaking out the threads and gurgling, has had nothing to do with the seals leaking, so I found out.
a lot of the gurgling and thread leaks, is down to flooding. Due mainly to sucking to hard when vaping.
Most if not all the bottom coiled stuff work on air pressure. So the harder the draw, the higher the air pressure. Which increases the juice flow, leading to possible gurgling and flooding.
Having not used the tanks in a long time, you might find that you need to relearn how to use them, as in not draw so hard.

I hope this helps a little and good luck.

for cheap and reliable i would go with evods.
don`t get me wrong the were a pain at the start LOL flooding and gurgling but eventually found the sweet spot when rebuilding the heads.
for me it was 3mm silica and 0.20 kanthal and about a mm on top with flavour wicks(they seem to be key) you still get a little gurgling when juice is very low or a build up of condensation.
i have had a good time with a kanger t3s too,been using for weeks now and no rebuild yet :)

Yep i would go with an Evod, I think they are amazing for less than a fiver... Great taste and vapour, soooo easy to rebuild the heads with cotton, only down side is they only hold 1.5 ish of juice, but great on an ego or Vamo....

Sent from my HTC One using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Just to add a little thought. Air pressure.
Most of my experience, with leaking out the threads and gurgling, has had nothing to do with the seals leaking, so I found out.
a lot of the gurgling and thread leaks, is down to flooding. Due mainly to sucking to hard when vaping.
Most if not all the bottom coiled stuff work on air pressure. So the harder the draw, the higher the air pressure. Which increases the juice flow, leading to possible gurgling and flooding.
Having not used the tanks in a long time, you might find that you need to relearn how to use them, as in not draw so hard.

I hope this helps a little and good luck.

You know what....you might be right,but it doesn't matter what voltage I'm set to or how lightly or strongly I draw or how tight all the components are....this puppy's a leaker ;-). The seals are the most iineffective I've encountered to date. But you're right....with a tank you've got to draw more at the pace at which the vapour's being delivered. With the iGo-L it's a case of drawing as much as you like.

Back
Top Bottom