What's new

Cleaning a provari

Purplefowler

Administrator
Staff member
I've ordered som 99% alcohol to give my provari a bath as it keeps throwing dodgy error codes. I've read that a bath normally sorts these out and the connection pin thing is mucky (wiped with a dry cotton bud and it was black). I'm in no way moaning about it by the way, I'm chuffed to bits with it and it was worth every penny. Has anyone done this the self? Do you just swish it around or do you let it soak in for a few minutes?

I just use a lot of cotten buds and warm water and get into the gunk with a toothpick :)

Good luck, dont drown her!

I am nervous but pro vape recommend doin it to sort out any little problems so it must be safe. I just don't want to over do it!!!

The unsealed electronics are actually a very nice design feature. You can literally dump 95% alcohol in the unit, slosh it around, let it dry and it's clean, even after heavy juice infiltration. People have dropped them into sinks full of water, into the toilet, etc. and being able to flush it out is great design.
Although I am surprised your battery rattles. That's very uncommon on Provaris from what I've read. Mine certainly doesn't rattle at all, even the button.

sundaynightdrunk 5 months ago

From Youtube

and

http://www.provape.com/v/troubleshoot.htm

Cleaning the ProVari circuit board after a juice spill:
isopropyl.jpg

Some of the symptoms of a wet circuit board are random error messages such as E1, E2, E4 and E8.
If you accidentally spilled lots of juice on the ProVari and it has run down the side and in through the button location or window area, it's possible some juice got inside the device.
This can cause random error messages that you didn't see before or if all of your atomizers and cartomizer are reading 1.3 ohms or any other strange behavior, you might need to clean the unit.
Please note: the top cap of the ProVari is sealed so typically juice will not get into the unit from the top.
We have had users report that they were using a tank and it leaked along the side of the device, this is the situation most likely to cause juice leakage into the ProVari.
This is a very easy procedure:
1. Remove the battery
2. Using some 99% isopropyl alcohol, pour a small amount into the tube so it goes down where the circuit board sits.
3. Gently shake the device so the isopropyl alcohol swirls around inside the tube.
4. Now pour it out and let the unit dry.
5. It's important to let it dry completely before installing the battery again.
It's a good idea to leave the end cap off and leave it overnight to dry. Then try again.

If you cannot find 99% isopropyl, you can use 91%.
91% has more water, so it will just take a little longer to dry.
If you use some canned air or an air compressor you can blow out the excess isopropyl and it will speed up the drying time.

Just realised that I never updated this, so I'd better do it now :) it was a very scary thing, pouring liquid down my beloved provari but it kept throwing up odd codes so I figured I had nothing to loose. I poured in about a quarter way up and gave it a good swish about. I tried to leave it in there for a few minutes but it was leaking out of the gap for the button and around the screen so I just kept swishing until it was nicely coated. Then I emptied the rest and left it to dry over night, cue the sleepless night! I replaced the battery the next morning and tentatively pressed the button and it burst into life-phew! It's been working brilliantly since, no error codes except when my coils have been too low, fires every time and generally works perfectly Everytime. It is definitely something I will do regularly to keep it in tip top condition. So if you ever have any problems with yours try this-it really works :)

I was shitting myself, hand was shaking so much I'm amazed I didn't spill the lot :D

Back
Top Bottom