Innokin
What's new

Review FAAtank (adjustable airflow clearomiser) - First impressions - w/pics

pauly meatballs

Achiever
9jekva.jpg

Hi everyone,
Just a few pics and observations on the FAAtank by Ijoy (FAA stands for first adjustable airflow).
I bought this device for £14.50 from puffdade.com - it arrived the day after ordering in perfect condition with a little freebie ego-lanyard :

2d919om.jpg

The instructions are on the reverse of the box in reasonably clear English:

vhz341.jpg

In the box was the device with a 2.4ohm head fitted, a drip tip, an extra 2.1ohm head and an ego beauty ring:

dwb582.jpg

Some specs:
3 airflow settings
plastic tank
floating 510 connector
2.4ml capacity
Length : 70mm
Diamter : 18.9 mm

Here is the device broken down:

2ey887n.jpg

9bj3hl.jpg

Here it is on the SVD and VTR:

28vg3uf.jpg

After giving it a good rinse I followed the instructions on the box and started enjoying vapour!
It performed about as you'd expect for a bottom coil clearo. Perfectly acceptable performance.
The airflow control ring is firm but easy enough to operate. There are 3 holes in the ring and by turning it you can expose 1 , 2 or 3 holes.
This works very well and there is a definite difference in vape between these 3 settings. All 3 settings are acceptable to me, though I've been sticking with the 2 hole setting.
Even with all 3 holes open, it's not super airy. Reminds me of a protank 1. A direct lung inhale is possible but only just. This is not a device for cloud chasers!

After getting through half a tank I thought I'd try replacing the head to see what's what. The big question was - do evod heads work with this device?
And the answer is a resounding .... kinda.
They screw in OK but they protrude from the base a bit further, pushing out the floating 510 connector. It still worked on my svd but didn't screw down flush. Works fine on mods with an adjustable centre pin.

Here is a FAAtank head and evod head side by side, note the difference in length:

5f59hc.jpg

While I was arsing about I decided to try recoiling the 2.4 ohm head I'd been vaping on. Quickly whipped up a wee microcoil with cotton:

2z50g1x.jpg

Now we're talking. This brings me to the whole point of these devices as far as I'm concerned. Can we use them with mechanicals? Screwed my nice low-res clearo onto the flat-top chi-you and fired it up:

29lifeh.jpg

That's more like it! Performing well beyond a regular clearo now. Blowing great clouds of monkey jizz everywhere. Flavour is excellent but I'd have to say it's not quite equal to the aspire or innokin dual coil jobbies. However, this one is rebuildable.

I'd say this is an excellent clearo for someone who wants to try an adjustable airflow design but is put off by the price and the proprietary disposable heads of the other models that are doing the rounds.

OK, thanks for reading my waffle, please take the time to leave a comment if you have an opinion.
Have a great day,
Paul

Smoore
Nice one Pauly but think I will wait for more feed back on the Aero(glass tank) although being rebuild able changes the equation somewhat

Thanks for the the Mention Pauly Nice review and a point of note the pyrex tank version is en route as we speak its a slightly different design but should withstand all the juice you can throw at it.

Vape Green
Innokin
Back
Top Bottom